A Plug For Mensbiz

They are good...and I like the Shaver Hut even better. Great to have the choice of such phenomenally good retailers....now for this new up-and-coming secret place (which I still reckon is down to Con, Shave the Man)

These guys have consistently fast postage, lovely packaging too. I'm really impressed with Mensbiz.
Credit where it is due, this is exactly where Mensbiz excels. In comparison with Himage and some other places that have now gone by the wayside, the postage with Mensbiz is exactly what you want. Fast and Free (once you spend enough).

Where Mensbiz falls down is stocking too many items of dubious value, slow moving items and the like. Nathan has also been rather unfazed by the new artisan produced products from around the world. While we group buy, he had a chance to get onto it and start selling it but simply will not.

Probably can't get enough supply to cut a deal with the likes of B&M. Whereas it's probably easier to do the same with big international brands. He running a business, rather than pandering to a niche of wet shaving junkies.

B&M is supply constrained, however others are not. I can list a number of other vendors who have indicated to me they are looking for distribution here in Australia and have approached both Retail Outlets & Online Stores and cannot get any traction whatsoever. Nobody wants to take on these products which is a crying shame and a massive hole in the market as far as I am concerned.

It's unfortunate as you would probably need to push volume with these artisans in order to get reasonable wholesale deals. The mindset in this country is to get a minimum margin on all products, which reinforces the 'Australia Tax' mentality. Online sales needs a nimble, high volume approach.

He running a business, rather than pandering to a niche of wet shaving junkies.
IMHO @Drubbing is absolutely spot on - Mensbiz has a high enough profile to attract the vast majority of newbie wetshavers - historically they had very good levels of promotion via suitable publications etc to maintain this. As a vendor they're a helluva lot more attractive market than us in here e.g less savvy buyers, more open to buying mainstream gear(higher margin products that are easier to stock etc). Still good vendor for those certain items that enthusiasts still need or want to slum it with. ;-)

B&M is supply constrained, however others are not. I can list a number of other vendors who have indicated to me they are looking for distribution here in Australia and have approached both Retail Outlets & Online Stores and cannot get any traction whatsoever. Nobody wants to take on these products which is a crying shame and a massive hole in the market as far as I am concerned.

It's unfortunate as you would probably need to push volume with these artisans in order to get reasonable wholesale deals. The mindset in this country is to get a minimum margin on all products, which reinforces the 'Australia Tax' mentality. Online sales needs a nimble, high volume approach.
How long did it takes us to get 30! tubs together for a group buy? And I would argue, that we represent the AD there is in Australia...it is a small market :(

How long did it takes us to get 30! tubs together for a group buy? And I would argue, that we represent the AD there is in Australia...it is a small market :(

Yeah, a while. But the thing is, if it is in stock and people try it, it will become known. My remaining 10 Lathas only took 6 weeks to go - and that is only from P&C membership. So that would be an average over the year of 80-90 units. When you have the biggest online store in the country and a larger customer base you can move more, then introduce new lines from the stockist.

Latha would have been priced pretty well, and until it is a known product amongst your clients then it very much is chicken & egg stuff. That's the sort of thing you could promote easily in your emails.

Hmmm, MensBiz just posted on their Facebook page these words: "Men's Biz heading North?" (with an image of a compass). I wonder if they are about to open a Sydney store?!?

Interesting times lie ahead of us by the looks of it.

Hmmm, MensBiz just posted on their Facebook page these words: "Men's Biz heading North?" (with an image of a compass). I wonder if they are about to open a Sydney store?!?

or from the Melbourne CBD to the trendy Inner-North of Melbourne where all the hipsters with those beards live ...

or from the Melbourne CBD to the trendy Inner-North of Melbourne where all the hipsters with those beards live ...
They confirmed on FB that it's "interstate". So those poor North Melbournians miss out this time around...

Interesting, but we will see what happens. Maybe it is just to try and stave off another outlet opening.

Interesting, but we will see what happens. Maybe it is just to try and stave off another outlet opening.
Yeah... I was thinking that too.