April 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

After 4 years, why not. 7 months on the waiting list.
WR2 SB 1.45 polished on a WRH7 polished.

This one will be my birthday present from the family when it arrives. And yes she knows the price, and yes I got belted for 6 with a fancy new fridge.( nothing wrong with the old one :()

Better shave like it looks !!!
I love the handle on that :love:(y)

This one will be my birthday present from the family when it arrives. And yes she knows the price, and yes I got belted for 6 with a fancy new fridge.( nothing wrong with the old one :()

Congratulations - beautiful (y)(y)(y)

An excellent score and may it bring you a lifetime of Happy Shaves!!!
Look forward to reading your thoughts regarding the gap as its one of the main reasons why I'm reluctant to pull the trigger...

congratulations (y) look forward to your thoughts on the razor/gap

I love the handle on that :love:(y)
Congratulations - beautiful (y)(y)(y)
An excellent score and may it bring you a lifetime of Happy Shaves!!!
Look forward to reading your thoughts regarding the gap as its one of the main reasons why I'm reluctant to pull the trigger...
congratulations (y) look forward to your thoughts on the razor/gap

Thanks all.

The blade gap has always been an issue in my reluctance in the past to order one. From my conversations with James, it was recommended for my shaving criteria that a blade gap in the WR2 of 1.35 to 1.45 would suit my likes.

Wow! Congrats!

Thanks all.

The blade gap has always been an issue in my reluctance in the past to order one. From my conversations with James, it was recommended for my shaving criteria that a blade gap in the WR2 of 1.35 to 1.45 would suit my likes.
Yeah having scoured the many Threads on different shaving forums much debate has been had about a suitable blade gap for the WR2 with 1.25 recommended as a good starting point...?
Ideally I'm leaning more towards the 1.35 gap as a potential daily shaver so super keen to see how the 1.45 gap compares to your other efficient DEs (Karve, iKon Tech, Homelike offerings, etc) as yet to see many in that gap used. (y)

Thanks all.

Sorry

Just woke up, did something exciting happen?

Hang on, are we just talking about another Wolfman?

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Yeah having scoured the many Threads on different shaving forums much debate has been had about a suitable blade gap for the WR2 with 1.25 recommended as a good starting point...?
Ideally I'm leaning more towards the 1.35 gap as a potential daily shaver so super keen to see how the 1.45 gap compares to your other efficient DEs (Karve, iKon Tech, Homelike offerings, etc) as yet to see many in that gap used. (y)

I think the 1.35 gap will be very popular for those with thick stubble as a daily shaver, times where a few days growth needs grooming, and want efficiency without sacrificing smoothness.

Nothing new to see here! 😁

Assorted market/op shop finds and an very generous package of vintage blades from @Mark1966.

Awesome Avon find of Trazarra in the green ink well. A fragrance that has eluded me till now. Full.
The Ford pickup full with Spicy.

And a $8 find at the Evendale market hidden in a tub. A #22 or #66 Gillette gen 4 Aristocrat I presume. Hard to tell without a case. User grade but I'll take it considering I paid in gold coins. Beautiful weight to it rhodium plated. Tassie is good for picking

Nothing new to see here! 😁

Assorted market/op shop finds and an very generous package of vintage blades from @Mark1966.

Awesome Avon find of Trazarra in the green ink well. A fragrance that has eluded me till now. Full.
The Ford pickup full with Spicy.

And a $8 find at the Evendale market hidden in a tub. A #22 or #66 Gillette gen 4 Aristocrat I presume. Hard to tell without a case. User grade but I'll take it considering I paid in gold coins. Beautiful weight to it rhodium plated. Tassie is good for picking

If you were at Evandale Market last weekend, we could have walked straight past each other without even knowing. :D Usually the stuff you see there is total crap, but sometimes you do get gems like these if you're patient enough to look carefully. I have to make sure I don't go with Mrs Gargravarr, otherwise we'll go home with a lot of crap :rolleyes:

Every man and his dog were there on Sunday. Most packed I've seen it but then again as a Melbournian I'm just not used to crowds just yet.

The guy that sells war medals and coins had a few nice straights but again as a Melbournian I don't carry much in the way of cash. Lesson learnt.

This week, another two new soaps. They smell great of the puck, right up my alley. I can’t wait to use them.

Wu256XR.jpg

Every man and his dog were there on Sunday. Most packed I've seen it but then again as a Melbournian I'm just not used to crowds just yet.

The guy that sells war medals and coins had a few nice straights but again as a Melbournian I don't carry much in the way of cash. Lesson learnt.
A lot of the stallholders have Square POS card readers if you ask. I saw those straights, but didn't bite. :) It took a couple of weeks for the crowds to start coming back after the lockdown, but now you would hardly know it ever happened. We did get off pretty lightly... :whistle:

Wizamet Super Iridium blades
Ebay
Order Date: 12th Mar
Delivered: 14th April ...

Hey, say what!

More details please huh @bernie01 ? Our wizashave orders have been sitting in Shanghai doing NOTHING longer than that!