AusFarce or AusFantastic?

Razor Burn

President of the TF Custom Brushes Fan Club
Grand Society
Da Menth Heads
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
For all we like to bitch and moan about AusFarce, they're hands down better than any of the competition if you happen to live outside any metro area. I have yet again had the runaround from an independent, this time Road Runners. I had an order from Mens Biz for a decent supply of Gillette Yellows, which they for some reason dispatched via Sendle (my last order, a few weeks ago came via AusPost). Today, I got a call from Road Runners in Launceston saying they "can't" (ie won't) deliver to my address, and could I come and get it.

My response, given that (1) they had already accepted payment to deliver, and (2) it's a minimum 90 minute round trip to their depot and back, was fairly predictable: "Get fucked".

Mens Biz had better come up with an apology, or they're not getting my biz again. There are alternatives.
Agree I was worried when the tracking showed Sendle as the couriers and as I'm based in CBR why is my order going MEL-SYD first? Plus their tracking is very vague:
Item weighed at depot...? They fail to specify which depot...? :banghead:

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
Agree I was worried when the tracking showed Sendle as the couriers...
I don't necessarily object to businesses selecting alternative couriers, I just get shat off when they don't bother checking whether the couriers do their job. This time around, I did at least give MensBiz the heads up. Usually I just demand a chargeback through PayPal, which is always quick for this kind of situation.

For all we like to bitch and moan about AusFarce, they're hands down better than any of the competition if you happen to live outside any metro area.
That's why we exclusively use Auspost. There are other courier companies that are cheaper but they are unable to provide the service we require or which our customers expect.

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
We used to be able to skate along with an informal arrangement with the people at our local post office, where until recently they would accept packages on our behalf, so couriers could deliver there. However, AusPost didn't like that, and threatened to cancel their contract. Bummer.

rhodes96

Sabbatical? Unbearable ...
Grand Society
For all we like to bitch and moan about AusFarce, they're hands down better than any of the competition if you happen to live outside any metro area. I have yet again had the runaround from an independent, this time Road Runners. I had an order from Mens Biz for a decent supply of Gillette Yellows, which they for some reason dispatched via Sendle (my last order, a few weeks ago came via AusPost). Today, I got a call from Road Runners in Launceston saying they "can't" (ie won't) deliver to my address, and could I come and get it.

My response, given that (1) they had already accepted payment to deliver, and (2) it's a minimum 90 minute round trip to their depot and back, was fairly predictable: "Get fucked".

Mens Biz had better come up with an apology, or they're not getting my biz again. There are alternatives.
Absolutley with GF comment.

Offer and acceptance consumer laws. If Mens Biz dont have the item delivered to you at the address you nominated, it's refund time.

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner

rhodes96

Sabbatical? Unbearable ...
Grand Society
Sydney to Brisbane via Chicago, Fort Worth and Tokyo? Surely that is not TOO common?
@Mark1966 Auspost have closed the community forums due to negative feedback, so I can't link you to a complaint. I have read and had my personal experiences similar over the years. 8 weeks is pretty good to have the item returned.

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
@Mark1966 Auspost have closed the community forums due to negative feedback, so I can't link you to a complaint. I have read and had my personal experiences similar over the years. 8 weeks is pretty good to have the item returned.
:eek: