AusPost March price increase

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
As of 2 March AusPost have increased many of their prices (I assume this is because of the efficient, friendly service provided)

Domestic letter stamps stay at 70 cents.

Domestic parcel post up to 500g increases to $7.45 (a 25 cent increase)

For other pricing updates see their site

I guess it's to fund this sort of thing.

Yep, there is no way he should be on that sort of money as a GBE (That's a Government Business Entity, not a blade).

Criticism of the CEOs salary is often a cheap shot but in this context it really is questionable IMHO.

Poor fella sold his house recently.

Yeah. Price rises were inevitable for parcels. I've also heard that they are going to start a 2 tier postage service shortly. They will DELAY the current postage (letters, parcels) by a day or two, and introduce a FASTER service. Which, of course, you must pay for... Smells a bit like the ISP desired 2 tier strategy to me. Doesn't sound good at all! [emoji53]

They can get slower ?

How will we tell the difference ?

Next they'll introduce a service called 'With Care', whereby they are careful with your packages for an extra cost. For those who choose not to pay the extra fee, it will just mean your damaged mail arrives a few days later.

I think a bigger problem is that aus post wants to reduce the delivery timeframe of regular mail. The current schedule (3-5 days i think) will be the new "express post" (which gets a corresponding fee increase) and regular mail will get a slower delivery schedule since apparently, they can't afford to deliver mail at the current price and timeframe anymore.

I think a bigger problem is that aus post wants to reduce the delivery timeframe of regular mail. The current schedule (3-5 days i think) will be the new "express post" (which gets a corresponding fee increase) and regular mail will get a slower delivery schedule since apparently, they can't afford to deliver mail at the current price and timeframe anymore.
Yes. It certainly is a painful problem.

I think they'll just price themselves out of business - it's just going to push people towards using a courier service.