alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
Sadly today I used the third and final soap I got from the Barrister and Mann group buy - but hang on - I could just keep the 2 Lathas from @khun_diddy and @Adam - what do you think gents: want to re-sell me those :D :D :D

Many thanks again to all the participants at P&C and Will @Barrister & Mann for making this happen!

Barrister & Mann - Cheshire (Tallow Soap)

The Packaging
This soap has the same packaging as the Lime, Lavender & Cedarwood I already reviewed here:

http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/barrister-mann-lime-lavender-cedarwood.1657/

It is really perfect for my brushes - today I used it with a Whipped Dog 24mm Silvertip,

The scent
This one is definitely my favourite scent - hands down! I am a Bergamot and Lavender lover, and these definitely shine through here. The herb (clary sage) and patchouli notes do take it then to the next level for me. What I also love about this scent, it seems to linger around just that little bit longer. It was with me for at least a couple of hours after the shave, without being dominant in any way. Exactly how I like my soaps.

Load and Lather
Using a Silvertip today took the lather to the next level for me. I had used my Plisson synthetic in the previous shaves and was already very happy with the results. But today the lather was exceptional - maybe even the best lather I ever had. The lather building (not the loading) took a bit longer with the Silvertip (as always for me) - but it was well worth it.

Glide
A truly wonderful shave today, with a perfect glide.

Protection
The lather was so dense and yoghurty, yet glossy and started to fly around the bathroom. The perfect combination. I had lots of cushion during the shave, I almost did not feel my razor/blade on the skin.

Conclusion

A truly perfect shave today and my best experience with B&M soaps so far. This soap will definitely be on the top of my rotation for a while - and it will be very hard to remove it from there.

[Sigh] another great review of another great sounding soap ...

Had another perfect shave with this soap today. I used a Semogue 610, that I had palm lathered 5 times. The brush has clearly a long way to go - but with this soap it produced already 3 passes worth of of wonderfully thick and slick lather.

And if I was in any doubt before - it is now absolutely clear to me, that this is my favorite B&M scent I have tried so far!

Had another perfect shave with this soap today. I used a Semogue 610, that I had palm lathered 5 times. The brush has clearly a long way to go - but with this soap it produced already 3 passes worth of of wonderfully thick and slick lather.

And if I was in any doubt before - it is now absolutely clear to me, that this is my favorite B&M scent I have tried so far!

Of the main White Label line, it's my favorite as well, though Lavanille and Seville tie for second. :)