Best Remembered Razors

Errol

Razor Review Guru
I was recently thinking about my favourite razors and the Weishi made the cut.

I've used one or a few razors and some of them have been excellent performers but they don't stick in my head, just another razor. I've compiled a list of five razors that I remember for all the right reasons:

• Wolfman WR2 0.95, WRH4 handle Titanium
  • Weishi 3960
  • Blutt BR1 – 0.99mm
  • Timeless Slim Edition – 0.5mm
  • Charcoal Goods, Gen 1/ 2, Level 2

• Karve 'Christopher Bradley' Matte SS
  • Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England
  • Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England
  • Gillette Rocket HD500 (0.51mm) Double Ring Superspeed 1950's made in England
  • Gillette Fatboy Adjustable G2 1961
  • Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 short handle
  • Gillette Super Speed (0.58mm) 1948-50
  • Gillette Flare Tip (0.64mm) Black Handle N1 1968
  • Merkur 34C/G
  • Muhle R41 v2013 head with iKon Bulldog Handle
  • Muhle Rocca R94 v4.0
  • RazoRock SS Lupo 72
  • WEISHI 9306F Classic Chrome Short Handle
  • WEISHI 9306FL Classic Chrome Long Handle

Wolfman WR1 0.61, WRH2 0.90 handle SS
Blackland Vector Titanium
Muhle Rocca V4, R95 Birch Bark handle
Charcoal Goods, Gen 2, Level 2 + Victorian handle (brass)
Smart Helix Apollo H
Charcoal Goods, Gen 1, Level 2 + Stinger handle (antique brass)

• Karve 'Christopher Bradley' Matte SS
  • Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England
  • Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England
  • Gillette Rocket HD500 (0.51mm) Double Ring Superspeed 1950's made in England
  • Gillette Fatboy Adjustable G2 1961
  • Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 short handle
  • Gillette Super Speed (0.58mm) 1948-50
  • Gillette Flare Tip (0.64mm) Black Handle N1 1968
  • Merkur 34C/G
  • Muhle R41 v2013 head with iKon Bulldog Handle
  • Muhle Rocca R94 v4.0
  • RazoRock SS Lupo 72
  • WEISHI 9306F Classic Chrome Short Handle
  • WEISHI 9306FL Classic Chrome Long Handle
Both the long and short? Much difference in The shave?

Both the long and short? Much difference in The shave?
If you’re talking about blade edge life during the shaves? All I can say is YMMV depending on how thick is your stubble and how slick is your soap, without applying any pressure during your shave, because, everybody is different as YMMV.

If you’re talking about blade edge life during the shaves? All I can say is YMMV depending on how thick is your stubble and how slick is your soap, without applying any pressure during your shave, because, everybody is different as YMMV.
Oh no, is there much difference in how the Weishi 9306 shaves in the long handled variant vs the short handled version?

I often have sellers regret over the Blackland Dart because it was such a handsome razor but then I remember it was not efficient enough under the chin for the level of aggressiveness
Hawk v3 OC
Gillette #15 #58
Smart Helix Apollo
Fatip Piccolo

...and how could I forget the top end razor that opened my eyes to another level of quality Timeless 0.68 SS OC Scalloped Cap

Last edited:
Some super razors in the above lists!

I’ve only got a small collection compared to some here, and have 8-9 in regular rotation… but if I had to choose just one then it would be my Karve CB Stainless with the C plate. I had the brass CB which I use with the C Open Plate and also D plate to ring the changes but the Karve Stainless CB is the only razor I’d die for.

I like the Wunderbar, the Timeless Slim OC with scalloped cap and the Smart Helix Apollo Light, aggressive plate, a lot.

Will probably get a HAWK from Razorock next. My first step into the SE razor world. It's affordable and I can barely buy a Vector right away soon, I already overspent on flashlights and video games lately.:censored:

Homelike Shaving CTAPT SB .90
Homelike Shaving CTAPT OC .90
Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P
Razorock Hawk V3 SS
Gillette Heritage

Not the most impressive list, but my razor collection is smaller than it used to be an I can't say I've loved any of my other razors like these ones

I often have sellers regret over the Blackland Dart because it was such a handsome razor but then I remember it was not efficient enough under the chin for the level of aggressiveness
Hawk v3 OC
Gillette #15 #58
Smart Helix Apollo
Fatip Piccolo

...and how could I forget the top end razor that opened my eyes to another level of quality Timeless 0.68 SS OC Scalloped Cap
+1 for the Dart as a smoother than a R41 but the same experience when shaving my chin area.