Bugger :-(

Sxot

Artisan Producer
Shaver Hut warranted my Duke... by giving me a credit note since "they no longer stock that brush"
Great... since they are running out all stock (it seems) and I bought it on sale ($72) I can't afford to replace it even if they did stock it.

I wish they had warned me of that because I would have sent it back to Simpsons for a replacement!!

Maybe I should get them to return it to me so I can.

That sucks indeed...before you do that though, I would check with Simpson if they would actually replace/reknot it

Yeah I would be talking to Simpson and ShaverHut about getting it FIXED not just credited.

My chubby loses a few bristles every shave. Considerably less now, maybe 1-3 a shave. I bought it back to men's biz.

They showed me a shedding chubby. Okay, now I am convinced that mine isn't shedding. That brush was balding, and the hair loss is insane. Mine is no where near as bad. I guess because of its density, one to three bristles aren't as bad as it seems. It's a very comfortable brush after all. Happy to keep it.

That sucks indeed...before you do that though, I would check with Simpson if they would actually replace/reknot it

Shaver Hut were having email issues so I didn't get a reply for a week. In that time I contact Simpsons who said to send it to them, and they would replace it if it was deemed faulty.

Yeah I would be talking to Simpson and ShaverHut about getting it FIXED not just credited.

That's the kicker. I can ask them to send it back to me, so I can send it to Simpsons but no guarantee Simpsons will do anything. Maybe I need to ask Simpsons at what weight do they consider replacement? Do you lot reckon that is the best course of action though? Get them to send it back to me? Store credit is fine and dandy, but they have nothing I want so it really is useless to me. What's more, consumer law in Australia says it is "repair, replace, or refund". Store credit is not one of those options.

My chubby loses a few bristles every shave. Considerably less now, maybe 1-3 a shave. I bought it back to men's biz.

They showed me a shedding chubby. Okay, now I am convinced that mine isn't shedding. That brush was balding, and the hair loss is insane. Mine is no where near as bad. I guess because of its density, one to three bristles aren't as bad as it seems. It's a very comfortable brush after all. Happy to keep it.

A brush loosing any hair is shedding. It may not be that apparent due to the density but how can one hair a shave be okay? More importantly, how long has this gone on for? Mine has been a daily driver, and dropping one to 5 hairs per shave since Feb when I bought it. It still doesn't "look" balding but then they would weigh it to see how much is lost I suppose. Shedding at the start is fine but it has to stop within the first month (20-30 uses) I reckon.

Ask them to send it back for a repair/replacement upon your behalf.

A brush loosing any hair is shedding. It may not be that apparent due to the density but how can one hair a shave be okay? More importantly, how long has this gone on for? Mine has been a daily driver, and dropping one to 5 hairs per shave since Feb when I bought it. It still doesn't "look" balding but then they would weigh it to see how much is lost I suppose. Shedding at the start is fine but it has to stop within the first month (20-30 uses) I reckon.

Absolutely correct. A brush should not shed a single hair after MAYBE a couple at the beginning. The problem is you never know when 1 hair becomes 30.

As for the Simpson issue: if they say send it to them - and you are sure it looses hair, I'd send it to them. If you are unhappy with their decision, make a fuss on some of the big forums and then usually things will be fixed

I brought back a shedding vulfix made men's biz brush back to them and exchanged for the Chubby, and I am quite disappointed that the Chubby loses hair after a few while. I even brought the bag of lost badger hair I collected. He brushed the Chubby on the palm of his hand and during that instance, two bristles or so fell out? And according to him and the barber on site, "It's normal, my badger drops a few hair too". Kinda made me felt like I don't know my stuff, and it's a natural product so one or two hairs will drop out every now and then. Shopkeeper did mentioned to keep the receipt and bring it back if it does shed like that other Chubby he showed me (that just looks awful, it's as if it is not even glued) I doubt mine will ever get to that stage, but it's kind of like a subtle message to me, "Unless it's shedding like this, it isn't really shedding." As he mentioned that my brush is still "Breaking in". I guess the only two things I can do now 1) continue using it and if it is still losing a few hairs each use, bring it back 2) email Simpson directly. I've acquired the brush on Valentines day 2016 (for myself!), use it about once a week or so. It's been 4 months now. It hasn't seen more than 35 uses or so. I'll keep an eye on it, and in all honesty, it's becoming one of the brushes I dislike to use the most because of this issue. Certainly affects my decision on another Simpson....

Absolutely correct. A brush should not shed a single hair after MAYBE a couple at the beginning. The problem is you never know when 1 hair becomes 30.

As for the Simpson issue: if they say send it to them - and you are sure it looses hair, I'd send it to them. If you are unhappy with their decision, make a fuss on some of the big forums and then usually things will be fixed

Haha make a fuss! The issue is that they made it as if it's general consensus that the brush is a natural product, it will shed one or two bristles (Not my shave mac 177, 2band silvertip). That made it very hard to fight back and as for a change. I guess they naturally would be on the defence side, otherwise they'd have to refund the brush or exchange it. Kinda in an impasse here with that brush. Love the brush but hate the brush.

Shaver Hut warranted my Duke... by giving me a credit note since "they no longer stock that brush"
Great... since they are running out all stock (it seems) and I bought it on sale ($72) I can't afford to replace it even if they did stock it.

I wish they had warned me of that because I would have sent it back to Simpsons for a replacement!!

Maybe I should get them to return it to me so I can.
I'm surprised at Shaverhut. I had an issue with a product I purchased from them and received a credit back to my card. Not a store credit. I think that's poor.

My Shavemac never lost a single hair
My Epsilon lost 1 hair
My 1 Paladin lost 2 hair, the other one 3
My Envy White lost ~15 (and stopped)

Again: send an Email to Mark @ Simpson - if you are not happy with his decision make a fuss.

They pride themselves with hand tied knots, their whole history, etc. - they are IMO the most expensive of the big players around (and more expensive than many artisans) - you should get a non shedding brush from them - especially if that brush costs 150-200US$

My Shavemac never lost a single hair
My Epsilon lost 1 hair
My 1 Paladin lost 2 hair, the other one 3
My Envy White lost ~15 (and stopped)

Again: send an Email to Mark @ Simpson - if you are not happy with his decision make a fuss.

They pride themselves with hand tied knots, their whole history, etc. - they are IMO the most expensive of the big players around (and more expensive than many artisans) - you should get a non shedding brush from them - especially if that brush costs 150-200US$

Thanks for the advice. I already did. Cheers! Waiting to hear back from them. Yes, they are pricey...

Shaver Hut are going to send it back to Simpsons for me. They say I need to allow 6 weeks!
Have to clarify if they it's going to come back via them, or me.

We should have a P&C brush by then hey @alfredus? ;)
Not shaving until one of the two happens? Replacement brush or P&C LE

For that sort of money you could possibly get a head full of hair like Warnie's from Advanced Hair Studios! :LOL:

So Shaver Hut (Now Beard and Blade) told me to allow 6 weeks. That was up on the 6th. So I emailed them and asked. The reply was "No, we haven't heard anything about that brush. We have that brush in stock, we will ship you one today". Sure enough a couple of hours later I get an email with a shipping notice. Way cool customer service!

Anyone wanna buy a brand new, never used Duke 2 Best? I've fallen in love with my Shavemac and like Sinéad O'Connor says "'Cause nothing compares, Nothing compares to you Shavemac"

Chubby and Wee Scot also up for grabs. Maybe. Probably. I think.

Anyone wanna buy a brand new, never used Duke 2 Best? I've fallen in love with my Shavemac and like Sinéad O'Connor says "'Cause nothing compares, Nothing compares to you Shavemac"

Chubby and Wee Scot also up for grabs. Maybe. Probably. I think.

I'll take your Shavemac. [emoji12]