Can an AUD8.00 Aluminium Razor be any good?

neongas

While browsing Aliexpress it's algorithm led me to this curious razor. For the low price of AUD8.00 shipped and about 2 weeks later I now have the Jifuli Classic Safety Razor Aluminium Alloy Machine, in gold. It also comes in grey and silver.

The outer box is a nice touch with its Art Deco inspired graphics, and surprisingly non-Engrish directions text. Comes in a travel case and tuck of Chinese blades. Fit and finish is serviceable. There are some casting/molding imperfections on the top plate edge. The matt anodised finish seems thin and a bit uneven. So far, so average. Time to see how it shaves.

Loading up the blade, at least there is very little blade play. The overall head is a bit thick but not so much that it was hard to get under the nose or awkward parts of the jaw. The blade tabs are covered and the top cap is reminiscent of the Muhle Companion, which made accurate shaving a bit tricky but not too bad. The Chinese blade was terrible on the first stroke and I immediately binned it for a Minora awaiting its 3rd use. Much better. The Jifuli is mild and efficient, I'd rate it slightly above the King C Gillette 3 piece that's available at Coles. Handled well enough with it's thicker handle and the girth gave it a teeny bit more weight than usual for an Aluminium razor.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of this razor, especially for the impulse buy price of not much more than an Ice Latte.

Have the ice lattes in your area not been hit by inflation pressures?

Edited the original post to correct a typo.

Sorry, all credibility lost by your choice of beverage ;)

#caffienesnob :)

While browsing Aliexpress it's algorithm led me to this curious razor. For the low price of AUD8.00 shipped and about 2 weeks later I now have the Jifuli Classic Safety Razor Aluminium Alloy Machine, in gold. It also comes in grey and silver.

The outer box is a nice touch with its Art Deco inspired graphics, and surprisingly non-Engrish directions text. Comes in a travel case and tuck of Chinese blades. Fit and finish is serviceable. There are some casting/molding imperfections on the top plate edge. The matt anodised finish seems thin and a bit uneven. So far, so average. Time to see how it shaves.

Loading up the blade, at least there is very little blade play. The overall head is a bit thick but not so much that it was hard to get under the nose or awkward parts of the jaw. The blade tabs are covered and the top cap is reminiscent of the Muhle Companion, which made accurate shaving a bit tricky but not too bad. The Chinese blade was terrible on the first stroke and I immediately binned it for a Minora awaiting its 3rd use. Much better. The Jifuli is mild and efficient, I'd rate it slightly above the King C Gillette 3 piece that's available at Coles. Handled well enough with it's thicker handle and the girth gave it a teeny bit more weight than usual for an Aluminium razor.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of this razor, especially for the impulse buy price of not much more than an Ice Latte.

Is it as mild as the King C though? I have to admit, the King C does give a nice comfortable shave, especially when teamed up with the matching blades.

I was gifted the Razor otherwise would never have bought it

Womens shoes.

I've learned my lesson with cheap razors.. I end up shelving them after 1 use and then go back to my EJ / Muhle etc.

I really want to get the Homelike Start next
Do it, the original Homelike START is one of my favourite razors. with the .90(?) blade gap being my favourite. The START 2 is similar but apparently different so can't help you there!

what other people claim as being medium aggressive is subjective
Well... then the Homelike START (2) is just another bloody razor, I reckon you don't need it. Unless all the other razors you have in your den almost tick every bloody boxes, then it's just another bloody razor okay Mr Bundy Bundy.

Do it, the original Homelike START is one of my favourite razors. with the .90(?) blade gap being my favourite. The START 2 is similar but apparently different so can't help you there!

I want the original START, but only have the 1.18 blade gap available.. surely that would be a bit overkill?

Anyone here not want their START and wanna sell it? :)

Back on topic, this bloody razor is STILL for sale, PM @neongas to negotiate a better deal.

No.... I'm not bloody interested.

Last edited:
I want the original START, but only have the 1.18 blade gap available.. surely that would be a bit overkill?

Anyone here not want their START and wanna sell it? :)
It's a smooth shaver with a Rapira Platinum Lux blade but I'll use my 1.18mm plate again tonight and give you some feedback on it.