Can you ever have too much butterscotch?

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
My current rotation.

Brushes need at LEAST a week to dry out properly, don't they?

Nice set, Mark. What's the one on the far right?

Leaving the Wee one out? You bully.

The Wee is NOS as far as I can tell, I can't bring myself to use it, or these ....

I've also got a couple that need a re-knot too .....

Is this bad of me? I DON'T collect brushes :)

I can tell already that my next hardware purchases will be brushes.

I might have to succumb to one nice badger as those of you with the fs brushes say they have little back bone, and I think I have an omega boar brush which even drubbing would say is too cheap and cheerful.

The Wee is NOS as far as I can tell, I can't bring myself to use it, or these ....

I've also got a couple that need a re-knot too .....

Is this bad of me? I DON'T collect brushes :)

I can imagine you wouldn't want to use the Wee if it's NOS. Love the look of the Clemak. You can see a lot of thought went in to it's design so that it doesn't, unlike nearly every other brush, look stupid hanging upside down. Like the little coathanger on the bottom although I can see that getting in the way. Of course the whole upside down bit is a load of bunkum but you can't hold that against the maker/designer. Nice, very unusual score.

Yeah I got the Wee and the Culmak to use but haven't been able to bring myself to do it!

Another quick pic I snapped this morning with some names attached. The Duke had just been used. The Simpson 10 has be reknotted in 'Best', the 41 in 'Pure'. The Duke will get some new hair at some stage too I think.

I wasn't a butterscotch fan initially but it has grown on me, the original is far better than the recent copies IMHO, anyway, without further ado, another pic:

I'm still not sure about the 10, I prefer smaller brushes and this one is technically in the rotation again but I skip it often - I think I'll look to sell it again. Of course that leave a gap in the seven day set ....

Mark's Culmak looks much nicer than mine.

culmakboar2.jpg