Can you get any reasonable soaps/creams from Australian supermarkets?

I tried a few different ways, none of them were really good. I usually run my lather a little drier and apply to a wet face which encourages the lather to 'explode' on my face.

I found that it took a heap of water also, but mine tended to fall back to suds. Mind you a quick rub of the stick on the brush brought it back up again and reasonably decent.

Mind you I am more of a creams guy than soaps, but La Toja has it nailed. Wet your face, wet the stick, rub all over your face, give your brush a couple of wipes on the stick and then start the brush over your face. The lather is amazing. As foolproof as I have found, plus it smells good - clean and with a slight herby undertone.

Well the palmolive stick definitely isn't going to win any fragrance contest :laugh:

It fell back into suds...let's be honest RM. You were lathering angry by that point and drowned it...:p:p:p

Monsta edit: ummmmm, possibly!

The La Toja sounds good. Should have got some with my Vie long but que sera, sera and all that.

The Palmolive shaving cream in the supermarkets is ok and its only $2.

For $10 from Crabtree and Evelyn you can get a shaving soap refill, its pretty good stuff I like the Nomad scent.

Does the dutch sounding soap indicate that you managed to escape London before the madness of the Olympics started?

Olympics? London?

Firmly ensconced in Amsterdam at the moment. Best city in the world if you ask me. Every street has about ten pubs. Even caught a few days of sunshine. Staying with a good friend who runs one of the best known specialty Beer Pubs. People come in with a note pad and tick a box next to a number of the twenty odd beers he stocks and go staggering down the road afterwards. It's the equivalent of bird watching. Problem is he'll find a few different ones every week and back they come to taste the new "species".

I'll get a tub or two of DVH and, together with some other EU soaps, hand them out as European PIFs when I get home. Generally they cost bugger all.

@SmallYetDeadly: Got your Palmolive sticks.

Olympics? London?

Firmly ensconced in Amsterdam at the moment. Best city in the world if you ask me. Every street has about ten pubs. Even caught a few days of sunshine. Staying with a good friend who runs one of the best known specialty Beer Pubs. People come in with a note pad and tick a box next to a number of the twenty odd beers he stocks and go staggering down the road afterwards. It's the equivalent of bird watching. Problem is he'll find a few different ones every week and back they come to taste the new "species".

I'll get a tub or two of DVH and, together with some other EU soaps, hand them out as European PIFs when I get home. Generally they cost bugger all.

@SmallYetDeadly: Got your Palmolive sticks.
I had a good time in Amsterdam a while back. Stayed in a Hostel on the main drag. Met a couple of Irish guys there on holiday (£100 flight for them), they have some girls they knew from back in Ireland working there in pubs. Got the tour of the city from the guys, and taking me to pubs for cheap/free drinks from the girls they knew from Ireland.
Good times.
Hostel we stayed at had a bar with happy hour every night too, buy one, get one free. So of course everyone buying jugs, and meeting new people with them, and having fun...

Last edited: