Col. Ichabod Conk Soap.

For those who think that Conk soaps won't lather, here is this morning's Almond lather in the scuttle and on the face.

Conk1.jpg

Conk2.jpg

The lather was slick and smelled...delicious.

Just sayin.

Cheers, George

They lather, but don't last... I'd prefer to use a soap that gives a better cushion and protection.

I also find adding a few drops of glycerine (or even mixing with a small squirt/dab of a shaving cream) will produce a even better lather. [emoji6]

Rumour has it that it took minutes to build that lather. All 30 of them!

Is that a can of whipped cream I can see in the very corner of the photo? [emoji12]

I can see future applicants for membership facing a short email survey not dissimilar to below.

1. What is your opinion upon ARKO!! ?
Dislike, not a fan, neither here nor there, ok, LOVE IT

2. What is your opinion upon Col Conk ?
Dislike, not a fan, neither here nor there, ok, LOVE IT.

3. What is your opinion upon Semogue ?

4. What is your opinion upon Omega ?

5. Should @Drubbing embrace smileys ?
Yes, HELL YES, WTF he doesn't already?

6. Is the @gthomas04 method a valid method ?
No, HELL NO, WTF is he insane ?

7. Does @Mark1966 have too many razors.
HELL YES, maybe, not sure, no, a man can never have too many of anything.

8. Are vintage blades overrated ?
HELL YES, maybe, not sure, no, is this even a valid question as of course not

9. What do you currently use to shave ?
I don't, cartridge, DE, SE, Straight, Shavette, obsidian, my gold medals

10. To marzipan or to not marzipan ?
To, To not.

One final question fot that new member application survey:
11:
Q: Why would you want to join Paste and Cut???

A: 1. I'm nuts and need an asylum for group therapy.
2. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
3. I can't for the life of me think.
4. Where am I and how did that infinite number of monkeys get their hands on all those typewriters. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Cheers, George

You scare me @borked.

Anyway, I will say that every time I use Conk, the lather Conks out.
The man with a thousand blades (and then some) is scared by me ?
Hope it's a positive scare, as in scares you that someone else actually thinks similar to you, rather than the other options :)

As for the topic at hand @Sinister Topiary I've some new regular/small pucks of Col Conk Amber that I would be happy to trade for something else of interest if you're a fan of Col Conk ?

As for the topic at hand @Sinister Topiary I've some new regular/small pucks of Col Conk Amber that I would be happy to trade for something else of interest if you're a fan of Col Conk ?

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I'm not a conk soap fan and won't replace my current stock. I was just puzzled at comments that it is difficult to lather.

Cheers, George

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I'm not a conk soap fan and won't replace my current stock. I was just puzzled at comments that it is difficult to lather.

More like 'difficult to maintain a lather for a second pass'....... the initial is usually ok for me.

I find it useful to superlather as mentioned earlier. I have hit the brush with some of the Amber soap before moving to a Sandalwood cream to be bowl-lathered. TOBS didn't work to well with it but Proraso Red was very good.

Mmm I tried the Amber early on in my shaving career, I found it didn't have legs. Then I was given a Conk Bay Rum and I think I gave that to @Drubbing if memory serves.

the lather was below what I could get from other soaps.

I can get a great lather from it to begin with but it won't last and dissipated as the shave went on. Most say the same thing.
I have seen a video review of nickshaves on YouTube and he didn't have that issue and rated it quite highly, this guy has pretty much tried every soap ever made so should know what he is taking about. I may give it another go soon with a face lather and put some hot water on the puck to begin with and see if the results vary at all.

I can get a great lather from it to begin with but it won't last and dissipated as the shave went on. Most say the same thing.

Yep

.... I may give it another go soon with a face lather and put some hot water on the puck to begin with and see if the results vary at all.

Which might help but my point is - why bother? There are SOOOOO many great soaps out there why not just pick one that works as it is intended?

There are SOOOOO many great soaps out there why not just pick one that works as it is intended?

Well, I agree. But then what does one do with the non-favoured soaps? I've given away a few tubs and tubes of cream that I didn't care for (TOBS avocado, Proraso Red), but the Conk soaps occupy my Old Spice mugs and an apothocary mug with which I would not care to part. Am I the only one that does penance by using up product for which the anticipation exceeded the participation??

Cheers, George

Im the same, i feel like ive wasted a bit of coin on soaps that i dont like or dont perform lately. I do quite like the buy rum scent of the Conk so "IF" i can get it to work ill try spend a extra 30 seconds on it.
P.S in the pic you posted above it looks like it is disipating on the neck already haha.

Make sure you have washed and cleansed your face with another product to remove the sweat/oils from your skin or the Conk will disappear fast.

Get plenty of product into the brush, slowly add water as you go. Face lathering is the only way I was able to make Conk work, and I use 'work' very loosely.

yes I've had a few 'losers' I've kept for a while but lately I've just given them away to a good home.

I use my Old Spice mug to soak my brushes in before shaving :)