December 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Both are obviously designed for shaving a lady's pudenda, not for a giant lemon's requirements.
giphy.gif

Never seen it happen during the shaves, lucky me I'm not bloody married.

Purchased in December and arriving for my Birthday

Bx3OB4i.jpg

Fitted with APShave Co G5C knots and due to their peculiar requirement for an extra shallow knot socket Troy went the extra mile and instead of just cutting a couple simple discs to glue in underneath and hope it sits centred, he created some precision "cups" to sit inside the handle's knot socket, and then the knot sit inside this cup.

qChylRG.jpg

The end result is a perfectly centred knot with a couple mm clearance, no side pressure on the bristles and an invisible glue plug.

STg8g9h.jpg

I am thinking Rhodos for the pink as a tribute to @SpeedyPC's phobia and Larrakia for the oceanic one out of respect for our local indigenous "Saltwater People"

A truly stunning result from a craftsmen that goes above and beyond.
Thank you @TroyTools and special mention to @Gargravarr as I believe this is one of his "Vazon Forest" prototypes.

Purchased in December and arriving for my Birthday

Bx3OB4i.jpg

Fitted with APShave Co G5C knots and due to their peculiar requirement for an extra shallow knot socket Troy went the extra mile and instead of just cutting a couple simple discs to glue in underneath and hope it sits centred, he created some precision "cups" to sit inside the handle's knot socket, and then the knot sit inside this cup.

qChylRG.jpg

The end result is a perfectly centred knot with a couple mm clearance, no side pressure on the bristles and an invisible glue plug.

STg8g9h.jpg

I am thinking Rhodos for the pink as a tribute to @SpeedyPC's phobia and Larrakia for the oceanic one out of respect for our local indigenous "Saltwater People"

A truly stunning result from a craftsmen that goes above and beyond.
Thank you @TroyTools and special mention to @Gargravarr as I believe this is one of his "Vazon Forest" prototypes.
Thank you for the kind words @Holiday , those are two mighty fine brushes there.
Given these handles were made for traditional knot fitment (deep and wide), and not for the unique and preferred shallow and tight diameter knot socket required by the G5C knots, finding a way to "make fit that which doesn't fit" was always going to be a bit of a challenge, but a bit of thinking outside the square circle (plus having the other machines and tools to do it) saw a really neat and seamless/gapless solution that didn't involve copious amounts of glue to take up the extra clearance space around the glue plugs of these knots.
And yes you are right about the blue one being a test run of @Gargravarr Vazon Forest brush. Pouring coloured resin next to clear resin and keeping it separated up one end of the mold so it could gently transition between clear bottom and coloured knot socket isn't easy. My 1st attempt at this technique didn't go to plan when on a different brush, a clear window into the knot socket resulted, but now I think I have it licked. This success gave the green light to make Vazon Forest (and another similar unseen big brush I recently made,............... DRACARYS......🐉🔥🔥🔥🔥) :cool:;) :love::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Not sure I want to open that one @SpeedyPC :)
Just for once, it bears watching. Rhodos is a perfect name, well played. :p And Larrakia is a splendid choice too, great to see some inclusivity happening, especially in NT. (y) 👏👏 I was very tempted to say to Troy "stop right there" when I saw the blank for yours and just use it to make my brush. It turned up beautifully, well scored. :love: