December 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Glad to see your eye's on the ball. 👍
scooby-snacks-scooby-doo.gif

BPeVHD8.jpeg

It is slightly trippy to behold the printed razor head of the Era as on the surface it looks like any other 3d printed plastic item but has the weight and feel of metal. However, there is no beating CNC machining when done well.

The Dart in hand is a thing of beauty. Shane also kindly accommodated my request for the number edition of my birth year.
Nice....

I was less lucky with my request for my birth year, but never mind. Here are the new twins:

Gillette Fatboy "Executive" E-4 1959
Scored at one of my regular second-hand stores which I had not visited for almost a month.
I'd been roaming the alleys for almost an hour when, on my way out, I spotted this guy inside a glass display. Although I'm a bit rusty (Yeah, as if ;) loll), I recognized this handle knurling right away. I asked to see it, confirmed that it wasn't a dud, and proceed to pay. My 1st score in the wild in 4 years :D

H2doObt.jpg

I have so often said "A thing of beauty is a joy forever", the poet could be excused for climbing out of his nearly-unmarked grave in Rome and whacking me over the head with it. It's apposite enough here, though. My latest TroyCraft brush, "Vazon Forest" (Forêt de Vazon) has been 5 months in creation, the subject of 59 PMs and 37 emails back and forth, mostly while we waited for the burls to hatch.

The story behind the name is that off the West coast of the distant island whence I come, there are the remains of a forest claimed by the sea thousands of years ago. My dad and I used to dive around there looking for bass when I was a kid. Dad sadly passed away last June, and I think of this brush as a tribute to a man I miss every day.

PXL-20221201-004848666.jpg

PXL-20221201-004837023.jpg

PXL-20221201-004821069-1.jpg

Many thanks Troy, you've outdone yourself again :D (y) (y)
That is a stunner, congrats to the both of you, beautiful tribute to your dad.

This came today. Semogue SOC LE, comissioned by the Spanish forum I am a member of.

We couldn't book the numbers in advance, only the guy who organized everything got nº1 as a nice gesture, so I'd say I got lucky.

5T84Qw2.jpg

IWMjWGF.jpg

MjqZMQB.jpg

QhlsMxN.jpg

Mind you, I am not a brush guy, they are the last shaving item I'd spend my money on. I like seeing them, I think they can be little works of art, just like yours is, but they don't do a lot for me, certainly not enough to make me fall into the bottomless rabbit hole they are.

However, up until last week I owned just three that I use, plus two handles that don't have knots (to be fixed soon, they've been like this for years, a small New Forest that lost its hair, and a Chisel & Hound that never got to have one). One of them went as it came, as a present, Spanish artisan, pretty much disappeared lately, so I was down to my main one and my travel one. At first I didn't want to be part of this LE, but I've always been curious about the mixed knot made by Semogue, so I decided to go for it. I am quite happy, I must say.

That is a stunner, congrats to the both of you, beautiful tribute to your dad.

This came today. Semogue SOC LE, comissioned by the Spanish forum I am a member of.

We couldn't book the numbers in advance, only the guy who organized everything got nº1 as a nice gesture, so I'd say I got lucky.

5T84Qw2.jpg

IWMjWGF.jpg

MjqZMQB.jpg

QhlsMxN.jpg

Mind you, I am not a brush guy, they are the last shaving item I'd spend my money on. I like seeing them, I think they can be little works of art, just like yours is, but they don't do a lot for me, certainly not enough to make me fall into the bottomless rabbit hole they are.

However, up until last week I owned just three that I use, plus two handles that don't have knots (to be fixed soon, they've been like this for years, a small New Forest that lost its hair, and a Chisel & Hound that never got to have one). One of them went as it came, as a present, Spanish artisan, pretty much disappeared lately, so I was down to my main one and my travel one. At first I didn't want to be part of this LE, but I've always been curious about the mixed knot made by Semogue, so I decided to go for it. I am quite happy, I must say.
That is a lovely brush, simple timeless elegance. (y) You'll enjoy the breaking-in process too, which is something I don't get too much of with my synthetics. I don't really think of myself as much of a "brush guy" either (I think I have 8, but some don't get used that much) but just occasionally a notion comes up to change my mind. And some, like yours, are just nice to hold and behold.

Down the vintage SE rabbit hole I hole I go
Very generous RAD suppression kindly provided by @Sticky
Started with my admiration for the Streamline and includes an Eveready E-Bar, Featherweight Gem, Schick Type L and a few NOS blades
MP2wNmE.jpg

Down the vintage SE rabbit hole I hole I go
Very generous RAD suppression kindly provided by @Sticky
Started with my admiration for the Streamline and includes an Eveready E-Bar, Featherweight Gem, Schick Type L and a few NOS blades
MP2wNmE.jpg
Well if nothing else works for you, that Yardley should. Even if it has none of its scent left (and you can always add that), it's a lovely leather bomb.

I hope you enjoy them. Lather Catchers next. 😉
Behind every door lies adventure, mystery and inspiration
Well if nothing else works for you, that Yardley should. Even if it has none of its scent left (and you can always add that), it's a lovely leather bomb.
Still has a nice scent @Gargravarr and even without lathering I can see why you like it so much