dentwist checking in from Adelaide

dentwist

G'day
About 3 months ago, while going through some old boxes in the garage and I found my grandfathers VALET Auto Strop Razor which he had carried through WW1, I showed it to dad and he gave me his Tech Ball End from 1948 (when he was married) and his I4 Slim adjustable.

So I have put down the Fusion Pro-glide and picked up the Merkur HD.

It gives a great shave, but the thing I like best is that I think of my grandfather and dad every time I lather up.

G'day Dentwist.

Since your are from Adelaide you are only half as bad as the Perth Hooligans on here, so I guess that is a collective improvement on the membership here.

Welcome welcome.

Welcome mate. Very nice to have inherited some family kit.

G'day Dentwist.

Since your are from Adelaide you are only half as bad as the Perth Hooligans on here, so I guess that is a collective improvement on the membership here.

Welcome welcome.

Way to make a guy feel welcome. It's about time us Perthies formed our own little chat group here. Away from all the hurtful abuse.

Anyhow welcome dentwist.

Good to see you here Dentwist.

That's great you have some sentimental kit. Well done for binning the carts.

Without the Perthie dribble the board would be cold and lifeless.

Awesome story on how you got onto the Wet-shave bandwagon Dentwist. Hope to see you around the boards :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

Ignore the inter-state rivalry and just remember that Canberra is the capital!

Nice history and sense of connection - congrats on that

G'Day and welcome.
Congrats on using family heirlooms - I wish I had some of my grandfathers razors.
It's a pity they couldn't find some cut-thoats for you too.