eBay pitfalls

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Thought it would be a good idea to have a resource where we discuss razors and what not on the bay for example today I saw one where the scales does not match the blade. Which is fine. Except when the seller has a no name blade on a filarmonica scale.

I just want to make it clear that I am not looking for any vendor bashing. I just want to learn enough to recognise good razors from the pack

One thing I have noted recently is people selling Razorock Stealth Slants and misrepresenting which version they are. A lot of people advertise as V1 or V4 as they are the rarest and hardest to get but there are some differences. In the case of the V1 the differences are quite obvious but the V4 is a little harder to tell.

As an example I just saw a V1 that was advertised as a V4 with the guy claiming that he had owned it from new and had not used it. I would think that if you bought it new you would know what version it was.

One thing I have noted recently is people selling Razorock Stealth Slants and misrepresenting which version they are. A lot of people advertise as V1 or V4 as they are the rarest and hardest to get but there are some differences. In the case of the V1 the differences are quite obvious but the V4 is a little harder to tell.

As an example I just saw a V1 that was advertised as a V4 with the guy claiming that he had owned it from new and had not used it. I would think that if you bought it new you would know what version it was.

How do you tell the difference

HaHa - that is not so easy and probably hard to explain. If you are ever looking to buy one let me know. I would be happy to give you an opinion on what version I believe it to be.