Edwin Jagger Safety Razor DE89

Greg

Bugger me I was changing my blade on my Edwin Jagger Safety Razor DE89 and the thread snapped off in the handle, the razor is only about 8 months old and would like to know has any one had this happen to a razor. Do I have a warranty claim, the razor has never been dropped and has been cared for?

Cheers

Greg

Hey Greg I would contact the vendor. Unless you really put some torque behind it and cross threaded it, it's unlikely you have caused the issue through use.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh well looks like i will need to buy a new razor. makes me sad to have to use a shit razor until then

What a bummer - unfortunately current ZAMAC razors (Edwin Jagger, Muhle, Merkur) are known to be...not very long lasting.

But 8 months is definitely a joke. I would first contact the vendor, you got it from in the first place. If this fails, you could try Edwin Jagger directly...

Good luck and please keep us posted about the outcome

I've read of this happening overseas a bit. From what I've seen, Edwin Jagger are quite good about replacing the heads. However, they may not be so accommodating in Australia. Definitely worth contacting the vendor first, and then ej following.

I seems like the luck of the draw with Zamac. My 34C and DE89 (my first razors) look as good as the day I bought them, but my 37C plating is starting to wrinkle under the cap after only 12 months. To make matters more frustrating I do a hot rinse and wipe dry after each use. You'd think this would prolong the inevitable but not in the case of my 37C. At least their cheap and plentiful.

the razor is only about 8 months old and would like to know has any one had this happen to a razor. Do I have a warranty claim, ?

Your EJ Razor is covered for 12 months. If the vendor doesn't look after you, I'm confident EJ will.