Erasmic

You are all forgetting the most iconic treasure of all - Koala Poo in a see through acrylic cube - can't be many of those in the frozen north.

My experience was like Pablo's. Lather was fine for shaving. Not as good as the Palmolive. Just doesn't seem to generate enough.

Pair of Ugg boots, didgeredoo.

Uggs Not my scene nor the missus... have a didger up in the loft... did I not tell you fellas I did the "big drive" (or in my case the "big ride") back in 1990 :)

Mennen shave stick and cream (don't interrupt me here, Drubbing) and of course the pinacle of the shaving desert experience: Faulding Shave Cream.

I've got a Mennen stick - didn't realise there was a cream available, must be good you've all kept quiet about it up to now... I've heard of Fauldings but not tried it... got to be worth a bash if only to say "I tried it and it was rubbish" (or words to that effect)

Don't forget a green can! Proper aboriginal dreamtime item mate.

Hmmm. Sniffing petrol or lighter gas - no ta

You are all forgetting the most iconic treasure of all - Koala Poo in a see through acrylic cube - can't be many of those in the frozen north.

Funnily enough I was sat next to a Koala on a flight from Edinburgh to Frankfurt - he was off to get his passion ration with some hottie in Dusseldorf... was quite a surprise to get on the plane and sit next to I can tell you.

If you PM me your postal details I'll send you a tube of Fauldings. Lathers OK. It smells a bit like axle grease. Very workman like.

Maybe it's a case of familiarity breeds contempt. We could be sitting on a gold mine and we're just not aware of it. Could be a valuable trading commodity.

No love for the Erasmic?

After the love I've read around the place I was expecting good things - certainly enough to replace my Speick in my travel kit.

Well let me tell you my POV on Erasmic...

The primary reason I've ever bought it was for trades (particularly with USAians - for some reason they seem to love it and overlook the lather and the stench/odour/pong). For me it lathers slightly less well than a cheddar and the smell is like a pair of socks after a week long hike.........

Here you go Mark. From somebody who really knows, living in the country of manufacture. So, to trade for a bottom dial fat boy you're looking at filling the QE2 and sending it to one of your fellow Yankee collectors. By the way there is virtually nothing that'll replace Speick.

Last edited:
If you PM me your postal details I'll send you a tube of Fauldings. Lathers OK. It smells a bit like axle grease. Very workman like.

It's arrived. The smell is familiar, but I can't place it - might be one of the BGN0.70 (that's about 40c) creams I picked up in Bulgaria... I'll give it a bash later on.

You sent him some Faulding?

Wars have started over less.....

You sent him some Faulding?

Wars have started over less.....

I know. He sends us a container load of soap and he gets a tube of Fauldings in return. Actually it appears it's now just called Shave. Maybe when it was called Fauldings that's the last thing people would consider using it for. Responsible bit of re-branding.

Until I was exposed to the bourgoise soaps used here I was quite a happy Fauldings using little member of the proletariate.

Yeah, but didn't you ever notice the proles always wanted to have the trappings of the bourgeoisie. Never vice versa.

Well that was totally unremarkable - no high drama, no bother lathering, no massive loss of blood... the smell is starting to bug me by it's stealth familiarity - it's familiar but I'll be buggered if I can think what the smell reminds me of...

Had the lids off about 30 bottles & jars in my stash... Boots Teatree & Witchhazel toner. So I guess the smell is tea tree.

It isn't actually too bad. I just slag it because of peer pressure and to keep up with the Joneses.

You could definitely use it - well if you like smelling of tea tree oil for the rest of the day... same as the Palmolive etc here, it's usable but unremarkable (mind you I could say that about lots of other far more expensive products).

No different to if we all drove the same Ford/Holden compact, or all wore the same clothes... it could be done but why would you?

Hi gents, I'm Jeff, originally from Israel, but now living in Montreal, Canada. I have the Erasmic stick and soap bowl, and I love the lather, scent and skincare!

Jeff