Evolution of a project!

Tryphon

Da Menth Heads
Prototypes of my "Valiant" razor, that eventually morphed into the Denali and the Rex Ambassador. Mine was the first modern attempt at recreating the Gibbs/Personna adjustable razor.

Evolution.jpg

Glad that you have raised the history of your Denali razor.
A bit of research shows just how involved you have been in the revival of the traditional shaving movement in the modern era.
I look forward to your continuing contributions here :)

For those interested in more information, I quote verbatim from another forums post...
Some of you may remember (going back 15 years) my Razor & Brush website and my Barbieria Italiana webstore. So I've been in this for a long time. The Denali and the Rex originated from my idea to revisit the L'Essor/ Gibbs adjustable of 1937 (and the British Personna of the 1950s). It seems that the idea was good, as now I see several new clones coming into the scene.
As someone wrote, there were three of us at the beginning. The other two wanted to clone the FatBoy, I steered them to the updated Gibbs. We started development as a group of three friendly partners. You can see some of our early prototypes in the picture. My version was called Valiant and I sent a prototype around to Michael Ham to try and he reviewed it about five years ago. Matt decided to go into production with his superb Rex Ambassador. My other partner and I wanted a slightly less aggressive razor, so we continued the development in that direction. That eventually became the Denali. There are common roots, therefore between Rex Ambassador and Denali. They came from the same original idea and even shared some of the early development. The end results are similar in appearance, but different in performance (not necessarily better or worse, just different). My personal way to describe them (and Matt, who remains a friend, may not agree - or perhaps he may agree!) is that the Rex (to me) feels like a Merkur Futur, the Denali feels like a FatBoy Gillette.