Fatip Piccolo Vs Ikon Short Comb (OC) - to buy?

JKMD

Need help from DE experts on choosing, pls

So far I have used only
- Merkur 34c ( found it a bit mild)
- R41 ( uncomfortable)
- Parker 24c ( more to my liking )

My question is , if Fatip Piccolo or the Ikon Short Comb (or Merkur 25c?) would be an improvement on Parker 24c interms of smoothness and comfort. OR should I just be happy with Parker 24c & not waste money ?

thanks

- Jay

PS; I am not looking at any Vintage or Adjustable or very expensive DEs

We are not good at choices - we say buy the LOT around here!

I am not looking at any Vintage or Adjustable or very expensive DEs

Still trying to save money?

My question is , if Fatip Piccolo or the Ikon Short Comb (or Merkur 25c?) would be an improvement on Parker 24c interms of smoothness and comfort. OR should I just be happy with Parker 24c & not waste money ?

I'd stay stick with what you you - you only really need one razor!

When you can't stick with one - then start to explore :)

I've got the fatip grande (same head as the piccolo, different handle) I haven't tried a 24C to compare it with, but I can tell you it is an aggressive razor and I wouldn't really classify it as "smooth". If I'm really careful and take my time it gives a close, comfortable shave, but it definitely commands respect.

So far I have used only
- Merkur 34c ( found it a bit mild)
- R41 ( uncomfortable)
- Parker 24c ( more to my liking )

thanks

- Jay

PS; I am not looking at any Vintage or Adjustable or very expensive DEs
If the 34C is too mild for your taste than the 25C will definitely be too mild for you as well. Did you try a shim in your 34c? I personally like the Fatip but if you find the R41 uncomfortable you might just have a problem with the Fatip as well. Not as aggressive as the R41 but it has a bite to it. I would try a shim made from an old blade or two in that 34C if I were in your position. ;)

Have you tried a Feather in the 34c,a very respectable combo.

Great idea mate!!!!

Of course, it is the razor/blade combo that is it important. Try some different blades in the ones you have before splashing out on a new razor.

Well done @tulfan (n)

This may sound disingenuous (as I have one in the BST) but in all seriousness have you thought of a slant? They are normally a great fit for someone who wants more efficiency whilst maintains the comfort level.