First impressions Arko

Ginge

Just had my first shave with Arko soap (thx @Lifes a Peach)
A new Voskhod Teflon blade also first time I have used one.
Merker 38c
A 3 day growth
Let me just say that this soap lathers up like a monster which only helps to bring out the scent which in turn made my nose twitch like a rabbit.
I will say that the lather offered great cushion and the slickness wasn't to bad,(but the scent did I mention that?)
After doing 3 passes I still had enough lather to do touch ups or maybe a 4th pass
On finishing, post shave wasn't too bad and surprisingly good for such a cheap soap but I still had that lingering scent stuck in my nostrils so a douse in some Mont Blanc Individuel soon had me smiling
Would I use it again? I will try it again in the warmer months just to give it a second chance then pass it on to my father in-law who said it smelt clean.
As for the blade I must say it was a great close and irritation free shave I was quite impressed and will look forward to seeing how it goes over the next 3 shaves.
Once again it was a great meet up and thanks again to @Lifes a Peach,@Draco Noir and @Osman for the samples look forward to the next catch up

Just had my first shave with Arko soap (thx @Lifes a Peach)
A new Voskhod Teflon blade also first time I have used one.
Merker 38c
A 3 day growth
Let me just say that this soap lathers up like a monster which only helps to bring out the scent which in turn made my nose twitch like a rabbit.
I will say that the lather offered great cushion and the slickness wasn't to bad,(but the scent did I mention that?)
After doing 3 passes I still had enough lather to do touch ups or maybe a 4th pass
On finishing, post shave wasn't too bad and surprisingly good for such a cheap soap but I still had that lingering scent stuck in my nostrils so a douse in some Mont Blanc Individuel soon had me smiling
Would I use it again? I will try it again in the warmer months just to give it a second chance then pass it on to my father in-law who said it smelt clean.
As for the blade I must say it was a great close and irritation free shave I was quite impressed and will look forward to seeing how it goes over the next 3 shaves.
Once again it was a great meet up and thanks again to @Lifes a Peach,@Draco Noir and @Osman for the samples look forward to the next catch up
Arko really had an "interesting" odour when I first used it. Having used it now 6-7 times I've become a convert. I'm into the price, the lather, the slickness/protection provided and the scent "is what it is". My initial revulsion has gone; you just get used to it. Though not a soap I would "write home about", I could use this soap everyday.

I also went through this 'right of passage' thanks to @Lifes a Peach, I'm still trying to work out what was right about it though. To be fair the lather was actually pretty good, the thing that really got me was the smell. The makers of Arko for reasons only known to them have managed to perfect the art of extracting the essence of a urinal cake and infusing it into their shave sticks. After experiencing it I can understand why it's a right of passage, it's just like jumping into a cold pool and convincing all your mates to jump in so they can suffer with you!

Thanks @Lifes a Peach for this journey from boy to man or more accurately a man who has passed out and is now unconscious lying in a pool of their own urine! o_O :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations @Ginge (y) and welcome to The Brotherhood Of Arko Lathers .

Another soul who has transitioned from boy to man. Your rite of passage is now complete.

Now to prepare @alfredus for his journey :D

Another congrats @Ginge - what he said ^^^^ you are NOW a real wet shaver ...

I'm really not sure all this Arko usage is something that should be encouraged or condoned...

/flame away

Congratulations @Ginge (y) and welcome to The Brotherhood Of Arko Lathers .

Another soul who has transitioned from boy to man. Your rite of passage is now complete.

Now to prepare @alfredus for his journey :D
I did try it once - surely that must be enough pain and suffering for one life?

Rotflmao.

You are a man of class and distinction @alfredus don't be drawn into their Arko madness :p

On another note, I seem to remember someone buying a whole case of Arko and posting to one of the monthly 'Acquisitions' threads. I remember thinking at the time, bloody hell now there's a committed Arko user.

Once?
ONCE?
Grow a set and give it at least a week, boy!
Yes, I'm aware of your age btw ;)

Forget May Madness! Arko August! Never too late to start... [emoji12]
What about the ARKO! Apocalypse theme?!?! Fit for an End of the world shave.

(@gthomas04 please note the correct usage of the term ARKO!)

What about the ARKO! Apocalypse theme?!?! Fit for an End of the world shave.

(@gthomas04 please note the correct usage of the term ARKO!)
There's not enough exclamation marks there!