Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Have you calculated how that compares to petrol costs for the same mileage?
Not exactly, but an estimate against my wife's previous car (Suzuki Swift) petrol capacity puts the cost at rather less than a third. Of course, power prices are set to increase (despite the fact that here it's essentially free at the source :facepalm: ) and of course you have to find something to do while your battery is "filling", but I don't mind that trade-off.

Not exactly, but an estimate against my wife's previous car (Suzuki Swift) petrol capacity puts the cost at rather less than a third. Of course, power prices are set to increase (despite the fact that here it's essentially free at the source :facepalm: ) and of course you have to find something to do while your battery is "filling", but I don't mind that trade-off.
The trouble is, the "filling in" while it's "filling" could end up getting expensive...

Haven't received it yet, but I just ordered my new gaming computer.

Kraken Power Centurion GeForce RTX 4070 Gaming PC
Core i5-13600K + 240mm AIO Cooler
Z690 UD AX DDR4 Motherboard
32GB 3200MHz RAM
2TB High Speed NVMe SSD
850W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU
Windows 11 Home

The graphics card at 12G is a little smaller than I was after. They are so expensive at the moment, it was going to add another $2k to the price if I wanted a 24G one. I've upgraded the power supply so I can upgrade the graphics card at a later date.

Once this arrives, I'll upgrade my VR headset to a HP Reverb. I presently have an Oculus Rift S which has been pretty good so far but it would be nice to have something with better resolution.

Haven't received it yet, but I just ordered my new gaming computer.

Kraken Power Centurion GeForce RTX 4070 Gaming PC
Core i5-13600K + 240mm AIO Cooler
Z690 UD AX DDR4 Motherboard
32GB 3200MHz RAM
2TB High Speed NVMe SSD
850W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU
Windows 11 Home

The graphics card at 12G is a little smaller than I was after. They are so expensive at the moment, it was going to add another $2k to the price if I wanted a 24G one. I've upgraded the power supply so I can upgrade the graphics card at a later date.

Once this arrives, I'll upgrade my VR headset to a HP Reverb. I presently have an Oculus Rift S which has been pretty good so far but it would be nice to have something with better resolution.
I was just wondering earlier where Windows was up to now, I haven't used it since 1997. Longtime Linux user here...

53008813947_f23717c570_c.jpg

I blame @Gargravarr for this.

Should 12 year olds be out by themselves? I didn't think so, and grabbed the 15 year old to look after them ...

Y6tFhBal.jpg

PXL-20230712-052825743.jpg

More ways to light up the darkness. My last Eagtac D25AAA has been "disappeared" by Mme G, so I thought I'd give the O-light equivalent a go. Turns out it's much bigger and less powerful than the Eagtac, but I still like it. I always need a torch that fits easily in my pocket without dragging my pants down.

The O-bulb is great for camping or picnics down at the river, and you can't have too many. The headbands are for the Perun I bought from @Wilkshire13 a few years ago.

More ways to light up the darkness. My last Eagtac D25AAA has been "disappeared" by Mme G, so I thought I'd give the O-light equivalent a go. Turns out it's much bigger and less powerful than the Eagtac, but I still like it. I always need a torch that fits easily in my pocket without dragging my pants down.

The O-bulb is great for camping or picnics down at the river, and you can't have too many. The headbands are for the Perun I bought from @Wilkshire13 a few years ago.
This a rabbit hole I don't want to go down. I have a Wuben one off amazon which I leave in the car; it's built like a tank. Probably only ever used once to look for something my daughter dropped under the back seat lol.

If you get sick of the Olight i3t, the Skilhunt E2A is a few mm shorter, a few mm fatter but 3 times brighter with a li-ion 14500, however a little less bright with an alkaline AA

This a rabbit hole I don't want to go down. I have a Wuben one off amazon which I leave in the car; it's built like a tank. Probably only ever used once to look for something my daughter dropped under the back seat lol.
Just hop straight in mate, all the torches!