Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most find the Slim agreeable and more likely to find it on your birth year and quarter than most other razors.

I lived in Stratford and Parramatta Park.
Sure you don't mean Manunda?

I mainly lived around Edge Hill, and the northern beaches for the 6 years I was there.

Yep, very sure I don't mean Manunda. I'd avoid all the M suburbs in Cairns - except Machans Beach.
I was joking as a lot of people who lived in Manunda used to claim they were in P Park.
I'd avoid Machans too, but mainly because it was mosquito and sandfly infested.

Lived in a nice area of Mooroobool for a while (backed on to Koppen Terrace) but even there you would find someone in the garden having a sniff around in the middle of the night every few months.

For an first introduction and safe bet, try either a Gillette Superspeed/Rocket or Gillette NEW long comb. Both are readily available, easy to acquire and cheap.

Ask in the Want to Buy (WTB) section as there may be some members willing to sell you one.

(@eggbert may have had a razor or two he was selling recently...)
Only one left to get rid of and I will then just have a slim and a FB.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

I'm currently in Pimlico. So not really close to 1300 Smiles. I wouldn't call myself a Townsvillian - I've only been here for a few years after about 12 years in Cairns.

I've started out with one of the Mensbiz kits and have supplemented it with some Proraso stuff - red and green creams, pre-shave and after shave. I got some Trumper sandalwood with the kit and I quite like it but the Proraso green has become my go to. I've been working through the blades in the sample pack and quickly worked out that the Merkur and Derby blades are not for me. I can get a decent shave from most of the other blades in the pack but I think the Astras are my favourite. I swapped out the brush in the kit for a Jack Black Synthetic and it's been working well for me.

I'd like to get into some vintage DE razors but haven't decided what to start with yet.
G'day @CRC32,

I'll get a few samples of artisan soaps together by the weekend and drop them around if you like? I go to church on Sunday morning at Vincent (Fulham Rd) so can drop them around just after lunch if that suits? Just PM me your address details/mobile & we'll get 'er dun.

Dale

G'day @CRC32,

I'll get a few samples of artisan soaps together by the weekend and drop them around if you like? I go to church on Sunday morning at Vincent (Fulham Rd) so can drop them around just after lunch if that suits? Just PM me your address details/mobile & we'll get 'er dun.

Dale

Thanks Dale, that's a really nice offer. I'm away at work all weekend though. I'll PM you to discuss. :)

Oh didn't notice that.
It's a gamble.
Could be mechanical or just built up soap scum.
@Mark1966 would, as the curator of the National Gillette Museum would have a better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.