Hey there

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvk96

Hi, I got referred to this site after lurking on reddit, and I was told about this active community for wet shavers in the land down under.

Started out wet shaving with a starter kit containing a Muhle R89, an Omega boar brush, and Proraso Green cream

A couple of months later, SAD has set in, and RAD has started to set in, and I've upgraded myself to a Fatboy, a Muhle Silvertip brush, and a couple of more soaps like TOBS sandalwood, Chiseled Face Cryogen and Arko.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to discussing the different aspects of wet shaving with you guys.

Hi @lvk96 and a warm welcome to Paste & Cut. Some nice gear that you have got there.

Looking forward to reading your future posts and reviews.

Hi @lvk96 and a warm welcome to Paste & Cut. Some nice gear that you have got there.

Thanks! I started out wet shaving as a means to save money and as a method to actually enjoy the daily task of shaving daily. Failed the first goal horrifically, but succeeded in the second.

I'm still at the stage where I'm experimenting with many different blades and soaps, and I'm itching to buy more artisan soaps, but I'm held back by weak AUD at the moment.

I'm still at the stage where I'm experimenting with many different blades and soaps, and I'm itching to buy more artisan soaps, but I'm held back by weak AUD at the moment.

Trust me, you will be able to find a few cast-offs around here. Key your eye out for the Sydney meets.

Thanks! I started out wet shaving as a means to save money and as a method to actually enjoy the daily task of shaving daily. Failed the first goal horrifically, but succeeded in the second.

Many of us were stocking up before the dollar went south so we can sympathise with you. I do have a few solutions for you.

First check out our very own local Shaver Heaven soaps. Made in Australia by master @Anthony and right up there with some of the worlds best. I particularly like his Silky line but they're are all pretty good. Secondly, look at our Classified section where you can sometimes snap up a bargain. Finally, an online store will be opening soon that will stock brands from around the world. I'm not sure what the prices will be like, given the currency issue, but you never know.

Welcome to P&C - I'm sure you will have a great time here, especially if you're are prone to AD's :D

@lvk96 welcome to the insanity.
Hope your stay is long and mutually fruitful.
Most new member questions are answered in the welcome email you received and reading it will aid your journey here immensely.

Hope to see you attend a Sydney meet and ignore the ARKO!!! bashers, they're envious insecure boys, lacking the testicular fortitude to appreciate something first and foremost for it's function :)

Welcome @lvk93 our normal interrogator @filobiblic should be along shortly to ask you many questions about your wet shaving. He is essentially harmless, but it would be fun if you could answer all his question with a question thus enabling a totally circular post. :)

@gthomas04 I've already had a chat with @filobiblic on reddit. In fact, he was the one who referred me to this site. We had a discussion about the Fatboy I recently got replated in Sydney. He said there were some folks on here interested in that, so I sent him some pics to share with you guys here.

Hey there @lvk96 - nice to have you join up. [emoji106]

Do you have a favourite aftershave?

@gthomas04 I've already had a chat with @filobiblic on reddit. In fact, he was the one who referred me to this site. We had a discussion about the Fatboy I recently got replated in Sydney. He said there were some folks on here interested in that, so I sent him some pics to share with you guys here.
Oh! I guessed it was you. Great to see you join up.

I was going to post about your FatBoy replate on the relevant thread but you may as well post away. Shouldn't be long before you can post anywhere. [emoji6]

@filobiblic Nah its all good, you can post on the relevant thread, I'm more of a lurker by nature. I'll be content to answer questions on the replate if others are interested.

As for aftershave, I don't really have one in my routine yet, as I feel like it does nothing but dry out my skin for me. I also use colognes and don't want the aftershave scent to clash with the cologne scent I'm wearing.

Welcome @Ivk96, I hope you enjoy your time here. Hopefully another Sydney meeting is in the pipeline :)

Where did you get it replated ?
Comments upon their service ?

Welcome @lvk96,

Did you or they disassemble the fatboy prior to replating? You or @filobiblic need to get a new thread opened ASAP or otherwise there is a risk of having this thread go off topic

@borked I got it replated down at Silvergleam in Sefton. The guy that works there, Tim, is a pretty friendly guy and answers all the questions with a good amount of detail. The rhodium replate cost $60, and the turnaround time from dropping off the razor to picking up the replated razor was about 10 days including weekends. Had some slight issues with the adjustable knob but I easily fixed that back at home. Service was great, they were easy to contact through email.

@StueyB I left them the Fatboy as fully assembled, so they disassembled it, replated it, and reassembled it for me. Good point, I should post this in a new thread since there is such interest in it, I don't think @filobiblic has posted yet so I'll do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.