Hi all, Im a newbie from Melbourne and just learning a little about DE razors

Oh just because I won't buy this year, doesn't mean I can't assist others in their acquisitions. I've already sent out multiple lots of samples in the past week alone, and I'm sure I'll be sending out more over the next weeks and months.

I am not buying this year, but that's not stopping anyone else from buying. And I'm quite happy to help in whatever way I can. [emoji4]
This strikes me @filobiblic as similar to having a Lamborghini in the garage but not knowing where you (or should I say, "your wife") left the keys. You can plan your road trip, pack the picnic basket & load the esky but you can't actually drive it. Ain't no fun in that. Gets you stirred up, but no action. Hope deferred makes that heart grow sick. JUST BUY!!!!

This strikes me @filobiblic as similar to having a Lamborghini in the garage but not knowing where you (or should I say, "your wife") left the keys. You can plan your road trip, pack the picnic basket & load the esky but you can't actually drive it. Ain't no fun in that. Gets you stirred up, but no action. Hope deferred makes that heart grow sick. JUST BUY!!!!
I don't get what you are saying: I am driving the Lamborghini. I've bought the Lamborghini (and Porsche, Mercedes, Harley...) and now I'm cruising down the highways.

Just because I let others ride with me or my vehicles (ie share what I already have), doesn't mean I am not missing out!!

I already have and already use what I have. I'm just spending the time using what I have, rather than buy new items. I'm cruising in the Lamborghini (& other vehicles I have), but I'm not spending the weekends in the Ferrari dealerships. I'm happy for others to look around and kick the tyres, but I've bought and will wait another year before buying again.

It's just a year for me. If I enable and bring in others into the wet shaving fold, then I am stimulating the wet shaving economy. I'm responsible for even more buys than if I was just me!!!

Sorry @Dale.Whiley , the analogy doesn't quite work for me - though keeping it in context. Strikes me that @filobiblic, much like myself (another sabbaticee), has gone through the process previously of buying many a beautiful car and accessories - some show cars, hot rods, classics, etc. - and many have languished in the garage, or simply started or just driven once around the block. This sabbatical is like the year of now really driving each of these cars to see firsthand why they are considered classics, hot rods, etc. Otherwise, without the sabbatical some enthusiasts (hand up from me) just keeps accumulating cars into the shed. Reads more, buys more, goes to car shows, buys more, sells some to make room or raise funds without really experiencing why he bought what he did, etc. Meanwhile, I'd class myself more a driver than a collector, so during this year I'm doing with my purchases as their purchase was intended. To drive!

Maybe you're more a collector mate or, I suspect, is that you are at a different place with this hobby of ours - just fortunate that a few of us can now luxuriate in what we already have and share in this sabbatical. Not you this year, but hey enjoy what of it (wet shaving) you do... (y)

BTW: weird place to be talking about this...in a new member's intro.

Last edited:
Sorry @Dale.Whiley ,

Maybe you're more a collector mate or, I suspect, is that you are at a different place with this hobby of ours - just fortunate that a few of us can now luxuriate in what we already have and share in this sabbatical. Not you this year, but hey enjoy what of it (wet shaving) you do... (y)

Nah; I don't collect. I can't really afford to reach the same devotion (fanaticism) you blokes have. I'm basically use it till it's gone and THEN get another. I hope to be in in upper echelons of the P&C community.

I'm basically use it till it's gone and THEN get another.
Well I can understand now why you think we are crazy for not buying. It makes sense.

The reality is that I bought too many soaps last year, and so need need to curb my voracious appetite. I need to personally slow down and use what I have. (@stillshunter put it more eloquently than I.)

The reality is that I bought too many soaps last year.
ORLY !
Is there such thing as too many/much of anything pertaining to a masculine pursuit ?