Hi all new to paste & cut

Jimbo

Hi i've searching around the forums. I've been on badger and blade for a weeks now. Wanted a more regionalised experience. I'm really blown away by the size of the community here in Oz & NZ alike. I'm really hooked on the whole the safety razor gig. Want to buy myself a few safety razors. Thought I join the community. All I can say now is "Good buy nasty plastic razor, hello new DE safety razor. I will post back in few months with my progress.

Hey Jimbo- welcome mate! I also started with a Progress as well. Since its adjustable and you're just starting out, it's best to choose a setting (say 2 or 3) and then stick to that for a few weeks. Technique is all important and so this will help you focus on your technique. Have fun and enjoy the experience!

Welcome mate. Great community here!

Hey Jimbo- welcome mate! I also started with a Progress as well. Since its adjustable and you're just starting out, it's best to choose a setting (say 2 or 3) and then stick to that for a few weeks. Technique is all important and so this will help you focus on your technique. Have fun and enjoy the experience!

I think the OP might have been using "progress" as a verb rather than a proper name ;)

Talking adjustables but....if you want one of the best, classic DE adjustables then there's a well-priced user right here on our very shores - great seller too I can vouch for him 99%

Welcome to P&C mate!

So what gear do you have/are you looking at getting.

We can help with purchases - we are good at that ....

I think the OP might have been using "progress" as a verb rather than a proper name ;)
Haha! I re-read and I do believe you are right! [emoji13]

Oh well, store up that advice and use if you do get a Merkur Progress. [emoji6]

Have you bought any gear yet? There's enough gear on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum currently for a VERY nice starter setup.

Hi Jimbo. Welcome to P&C, mate.

You've come to the right place for both great advice and dudes with a great sense of humour.

Welcome mate. I'm sure you'll love it here.

FYI, I have a razor and some brushes for sale in the BST. You may be interested. Ikon 101 with bulldog handle, and Muhle kosmo with both fibre and badger knots.

Hi paste & cut brethren & sisters of course,

I'm blown away, never would of thought my 1st post would get such a great response. I'm quite fascinated by adjustables, in particular the slim and fatboy, i'm leaning towards a fatboy. Love that retro old school look and feel. Also i think i might invest in a new badger, some soap and blades, i'm open to suggestion. I need to graduate and earn my wings in the art of DE shaving before upgrading to an adjustable, slant or even a straight.

I've been studying up on the forums and researching. There's wealth of information and knowledge on these forums. I must say a wrapped the DE jagger 89 on first shave, not cuts or nicks, face is smooth as a baby's proverbial behind.

First progress report, finally pulled the trigger and parted with some pony's for an edwin Jagger de89. Paid retail like a mug.
I've been mulling on making the decision on my first DE razor for about 2-3 weeks now.

Hey @Jimbo - want to try a Fatboy? There is a great one on the Buy/Sell forum here at a VERY good price.

The EJ89 is a great starter razor - every NORMAL person has or has had one :)

We all pay retail at least once too!

Last edited:
I'm quite fascinated by adjustables, in particular the slim and fatboy, i'm leaning towards a fatboy. Love that retro old school look and feel. Also i think i might invest in a new badger, some soap and blades, i'm open to suggestion.
Well there is both a Slim AND a FatBoy for sale in the BST sections. Nothing wrong with them, people either have one already or have tried it and it doesn't suit them. It's a great way to buy (from a fellow wet shaver).

There are also soaps, blades and brushes for sale as well. All would be good and all those selling are well known here at P&C.

I need to graduate and earn my wings in the art of DE shaving before upgrading to an adjustable, slant or even a straight.

I owuldn't neccarily look at any of these as an upgrade from/to anything. They either suit you or don't. Neither are any better than each other. A straight - despite what the disciples on their forums like SRP say - doesn't provide a better shave than a DE. In most cases, it'll take months if not years before it can achieve the results you'd get with a DE in a few weeks.

First, welcome Jimbo.

Second:
I owuldn't neccarily look at any of these as an upgrade from/to anything. They either suit you or don't. Neither are any better than each other. A straight - despite what the disciples on their forums like SRP say - doesn't provide a better shave than a DE. In most cases, it'll take months if not years before it can achieve the results you'd get with a DE in a few weeks.

@Drubbing - Straights may take months to get to the same quality of shave as a DE (I personally don't believe straights shaving provides a "better" shave than a DE but I am not disputing others say that) but men are up for the challenge of mastering this skill. There is an aura of manliness holding a murder weapon to your throat each morning. In the end Jimbo, straights or DE, short black or latte, Jaguar or Porsche - it's personal favourites and what works for you.

The EJ89 is a great starter razor - everyone has or has had one :)

Yep. EJ89 is my current favourite razor, so you're in good company. Having said that, I just received a Weber PH in the mail, and so it may well take the win.

Yep. EJ89 is my current favourite razor, so you're in good company. Having said that, I just received a Weber PH in the mail, and so it may well take the win.
The Weber gets a lot of love here (and elsewhere!). Nice buy! [emoji106]

Yeah i have been eyeing up that fatboy. i just need to be able to private message. i'd been keen to buy it.
Like others posts and reply to a few posts. You'll have enough to PM in a little while.

The EJ89 is a great starter razor - everyone has or has had one :)
*goes to check his stash*
Nope, one didn't materialise into my collection, yet maybe over night it will ?
Perhaps it can bring a bottom dial and a toggle to keep it company ?

I started with vintages of various guises and am yet to actually purchase a new DE or even a modern DE (a slant or Weber might change that though) :)