Hi Everybody!

It may be known as Langsat or Duku depending on where you are. I was in Balik Pulau (literally the back of the island) and they called the larger, sweeter ones Duku.

BTW: did you get an Aussie address to send stuff to for redistribution? If not, then I am appalled at our lack of hospitality and would be more than humbled to provide such a service.
I believe something is being organised...

Arko reminds me of durian
I'm not shore you know much about arko or durian mate.
My wife's from Thailand the dishes she can make with durian fruit are out of this world the smell is nothing the taste is everything not to mention durian chips
As for the arko smell comment I'm shore the old man if he was still around would have a few words to say about that.

I sense a Thai Vs Malaysian durian contest is wafting in the breeze...

Say, Will (@Barrister & Mann) you're not thinking of a durian inspired shaving scent are you?
There must be a coincidence for all this discussion to happen on your thread... [emoji4]

It's certainly fruity... Perhaps even more divisive than Arko and would definitely command attention!

The man likes scented challenges and going where no perfumer has gone before. It may not be a commercial success, but hey, it's all about the shave right? (And scent is about pleasing the Significant Other...)

I sense a Thai Vs Malaysian durian contest is wafting in the breeze...

Say, Will (@Barrister & Mann) you're not thinking of a durian inspired shaving scent are you?
There must be a coincidence for all this discussion to happen on your thread... [emoji4]
Second time it's been mentioned in this thread, a third time and it's more than just coincidence :)

I'm not shore you know much about arko or durian mate.

As for the arko smell comment I'm shore the old man if he was still around would have a few words to say about that.

It isn't the smell that draws similarity, it's the extreme contrast between taste and smell.

Durian is like eating delicious custard while sitting in a dirty public toilet. As you'd know they don't allow it on buses or in motels for this reason, yet it persists in being wildly popular for its taste.

Arko seems to be a combination of brilliant lather - no one disputes this, with a er polarising smell (hence peg)

As for a durian soap I wouldn't be keen unless it was edible

I don't get the smell thing. The ones in Malaysia smell lovely.

There are different varieties, some worst. I was in Sabah for a few months and Penang, they range from mild vomit to strong vomit fragrance. Enhanced by steaming humidity

...Durian is like eating delicious custard while sitting in a dirty public toilet. ...

Really? You know what that is like because ....

Actually - don't answer that!