Hi, my name is Andrew and I'm an alc....

Not a brush soaker either. As I almost exclusively face lather a boar brush takes two seconds to soften up and it makes no difference at all to a badger (that I can feel anyway). Anyhow with all this soaking you're bound to lose the Simpson sticker from your brush and there'll be hell to pay if that happens. Whole new threads of Simpson quality control bashing.

Pay no attention to GT. Brushes should always be rotated clockwise to counter the counter clockwise Coriolus effect of the southern hemisphere. Everybody knows that!

Way to beat a guy down for trying to help out a fella! I appreciate the effort Borked.

A couple things I have learned along my journey...

People don't notice any difference between a rubbish shave or a BBS über shave.
People do notice gaping head wounds.

Straights are a lot more commitment than DE/SE but have more facets to "hobbying" with them.

Have fun with it and enjoy communities like this. A chore has been turned into a fun part of the day for me.

Hi Dewy,
I started with a straight, then bought a few modern DE's, then a lot of Gillette DE's and now I'm drifting back to straight in the form of Feather Artist Club. These remove the necessity for honing and stropping but still develop the old skills.
Cheers, George

DE's are great, easy after a bloody straight I reckon.

But go how the wind blows, it is all good after those corporate solutions to fuck us all up the arse while taking our money and asking us for thanks.

Straight or DE ?????? Who the fuck cares as a single sharp blade efficiently cutting through the growth has to be superior than some stupid grab and cut scenario that we somehow are asked to believe makes sense.

Yep, advertising bullshit always beats what is really going on.

Thank everything that we can talk these days on this internet thingy and work stuff out between us.

Yeah I'd say just buy whatever you feel like too - honestly you'll end up with DE and straight sooner or later anyway. Really nowhere near as difficult to pick up straight razor shaving as it sounds...

Another vote for eBay or a local market too - buying new's crazy when there's so much great vintage stuff just lying around for a fraction of the price.

Welcome to the wonderful world of DE shaving.what used to be sheer drudgery in now sheer pleasure