iKon OSS Dual Head Stainless Steel Razor

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
I am not sure if any of you guys have seen this, but basically it is a modern Stainless Steel razor handle, with one side a closed comb and the other side an Open Comb.

ikon-oss-razor__08967_zoom.jpg

As you can see quality looks great and on-par with the pretty serious looking yet mild-shaving Feather AS (All Stainless), however you are looking at something like $200 for the Feather (and $230 including the little Stand) and $160-$165 for the iKon.

Shaving with the iKon WTG on the closed comb side first, then going XTG on further passes is hereby called iKM (or iKon Method). :p

I was looking at the iKon Bulldog and the Feather AS the other day, this is a much more attractive option than both of them. Way nicer looking than the Bulldog, and nicer on the budget than the Feather. I might put my work commission towards something like this when I head back to the daily grind in a few weeks.

I'm not that clear on the practical difference when shaving with an open comb as opposed to closed. I assume the closed side has less blade exposed, and that the open side would be a bit more aggressive and better for heavy growth?

A bit rich for me- I'll stick to cleaning up cheap vintage Gillettes :D