I'm NOT a brush collector - truly, I'm NOT a brush collector and I do NOT have SBAD!

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Firstly I'm happy to confess to suffering from RAD, I have a few razors as you can see from my other threads.

On the other hand I'm NOT a brush collector, truly. I do not have SBAD, truly, trust me.

It just seems that they seem to find me somehow ...

These are my current rotation - because you need them to dry out properly!

These are just ones I discovered were a little too big for my needs ...

All of them together ...

Not sure where these ones fit in, but they do need a re-knot ...

These probably need a re-knot too - I'd like to give them to friends as gifts ...

Talking of re-knots, I'd love to have these re-knotted and added to the rotation ...

Don't know how I managed to get these ...

Of course you ALWAYS have a few cased ones, don't you ...

BUT I can't be a collector as I sold the KW3, Wee Scott and Clemak from other previous threads.

PHEW I feel I can safely say I DON'T have SBAD on that basis.

You guys will agree with me won't you?

Yes. You are perfectly... I don't know what. But you are, whatever it is.

I'll take any of the 'too big' Simmo's off your hands for nothing. It's the least I can do to help. I know, I like to help those in need.

Yes. You are perfectly... I don't know what. But you are, whatever it is.

Drubbings usual profound comment and contribution to a debate ....

I'll take any of the 'too big' Simmo's off your hands .... It's the least I can do to help. I know, I like to help those in need.

corrected that for you, I'll sort out a price shall I?

Drubbings usual profound comment and contribution to a debate ....

corrected that for you, I'll sort out a price shall I?

Mostly joking, but I only use one Badger regularly and that's the Pj Special. What height and loft are they?

Mostly joking, but I only use one Badger regularly and that's the Pj Special. What height and loft are they?

One razor, one brush - gee mate you need to get out more!

The brushes in the pic I posted are (L - R)

NOS (?) Simpson made MF5 (for Marshall Field & Company a US department store) 53mm handle, 22mm knot, 55mm loft

Simpson 10 reknotted in best 52mm handle, 26mm knot, 52mm loft, cost me nearly $300 all up

Simpson CM2 barely usable as is - really needs a re-knot - has a nice feel in the hand IMHO

Simpson made MF5 (for Marshall Field & Company a US department store) 55mm handle, 22mm knot, 55mm loft original knot

You really should give'm a good scrub. That butterscotch is nothing but thin layer of UV damaged plastic. Plastic rust if you will. They'll come up really nice, white and brand new looking.

One razor, one brush - gee mate you need to get out more!........

Hold on Mark he's got two razors....and he likes both of them! And he's just found a second blade he likes too. The one brush I can understand. It's a PJ and they just don't come better than that!

Hold on Mark he's got two razors....and he likes both of them! And he's just found a second blade he likes too. The one brush I can understand. It's a PJ and they just don't come better than that!

Marks sucks at details. He too busy checking inventory, and it's a fkin moving target. I do use the other badgers, but the chub is still a love hate thing.

You really should give'm a good scrub. That butterscotch is nothing but thin layer of UV damaged plastic. Plastic rust if you will. They'll come up really nice, white and brand new looking.

OK, wow, never knew that - thanks for the advice, I'll get right onto it tonight, maybe ...

My bad! Clearly I've got some options for a PJ brush too :)

Marks sucks at details. He too busy checking inventory, and it's a fkin moving target. I do use the other badgers, but the chub is still a love hate thing.

Detail smetail!!!

Not such a moving target lately - thinks have slowed down number wise - just gone up price wise!

I ended up selling my Chubby 1 - love hate is right !

Firstly I'm happy to confess to suffering from RAD, I have a few razors as you can see from my other threads.

On the other hand I'm NOT a brush collector, truly. I do not have SBAD, truly, trust me.

You keep telling yourself that....

Marco is obviously in denial.

How's that fibre coming along mate?? Still civil works? :laugh:

You keep telling yourself that....

Marco is obviously in denial.

:

I reckon Mark just has ANYAD. That is he will collect anything that catches his Magpie like eye. I have a feeling it is Mrs Mark who does all the grocery shopping first time he went he came home with 15 varieties of apples "Some quite rare" and nothing else after the second trip when he burst through the door with "Look dear all the different sort of containers you can buy pickled onions in - and some are no longer made - what a bargain" she would have given up in despair. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a prized collection of belly button lint stashed somewhere. :)

Thanks guys.

I provide a public service in somebody to take the mickey out of - but I know you are all secretly jealous :)

What is the details upon the blue and white one ?
Asthetically pleasing and if they're obtainable and at a decent price, I may have to hunt myself down one :)

Mark, would you happen to have a Tulip?

Also, if you ever want to get rid of some of those handles, I'd be interested in any ivory coloured ones.

Specky collection, well done mate!

I'm SOOO glad I'm NOT a brush collector -

7bVjOl.jpg

Look at THAT lot!

It's not even close to being the brush equivalent of your razor museum. Maybe only 10% as many.

I like how we all presumed they are @Mark1966's. I noticed a mark of a different website, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and presume that's just the target for him.
I count roughly 100 there. I doubt Mark has 20% of that.