June 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I bought 4,000 in one swoop, followed by multiple 1,000-blade purchases thereafter. If I don't get multiple banners and I run this site, then you sure as hell aren't! :finger:
Yep, us two do deserve a special banner, even if your paltry 4k modern NOS is usurped by my 4.5k vintage Wizamet's ;)

Nope, I bought 4,000 in one swoop, followed by multiple 1,000-blade purchases thereafter. If I don't get multiple banners and I run this site, then you sure as hell aren't! :finger:
giphy.gif

Sir, Yes Sir! Great White :unsure:

Last edited:
Woot, very excited to receive this.

The general finish on this thing is immaculate. The threading is smoooooooth (Barry White smooth). Can't wait to see how it shaves in the morning.

I am concerned though. How does Chris know I rock? I mean, he's right, just a little freaked :p

lIWIXZDl.jpg

The general finish on this thing is immaculate. The threading is smoooooooth (Barry White smooth). Can't wait to see how it shaves in the morning.

I am concerned though. How does Chris know I rock? I mean, he's right, just a little freaked :p

lIWIXZDl.jpg

So you are Chris Rock?

Who is this Barry White of which you speak? Must be before my time ...

lIWIXZDl.jpg
What plates did you grab mate?

lIWIXZDl.jpg
Looks like you've got the 3.5 inches long handle and what's the overall weight feels like in your hand, while I'm still waiting for mine very soon (hopefully) :rolleyes:

Went B & C. Figured there would be opportunity to piggy back on someone else's order at some stage if I wanted to grab a different plate. From all reports though, I think the C plate will be the shiz.
Here I am worried the D plate was going to be mild but glad it finally arrived for you and here's hoping the rest of us 'Rockers' receive ours soon...? Looking forward to reading your thoughts @Korbz (y)

Looks like you've got the 3.5 inches long handle and what's the overall weight feels like in your hand, while I'm still waiting for mine very soon (hopefully) :rolleyes:
Handle alone is 75g, total razor with C head is 111g. Assuming equal weight distribution, 3" handle would weigh about 64g. When the head is attached, the balance is just right. I like the slightly longer handle as the mid-weight point on this one is about 1" from the baseplate, which is where I usually start my grip. Means I don't have to worry about pressure as the head of the razor is balanced.

Here I am worried the D plate was going to be mild but glad it finally arrived for you and here's hoping the rest of us 'Rockers' receive ours soon...? Looking forward to reading your thoughts @Korbz (y)

@Razor Burn yea, I laugh a little at some of the people in those threads. "This Z plate isn't aggressive enough for me. My usual razors are charcoal goods 3, R41 Y11 version, blade on a stick". I enjoy shaving now. I understand some like 2 pass to reduce irritation, and others don't shave everyday so are after larger gaps. However I don't understand others that just seem to be after the most aggressive razor possible for bragging rights. I don't want my shave to be over in a single pass. With daily shaving, it doesn't take much to get BBS even with mild razors.

I'll compare to the Rockwell and see if this C plate does land between #4-5. I reckon the D plate will be brilliant as well!

Last edited:

lIWIXZDl.jpg

Congrats mate,

Did you know it was in the post when it arrived?
I ordered one on the 23rd and haven't heard anything so far.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the razor!

Handle alone is 75g, total razor with C head is 111g. Assuming equal weight distribution, 3" handle would weigh about 64g. When the head is attached, the balance is just right. I like the slightly longer handle as the mid-weight point on this one is about 1" from the baseplate, which is where I usually start my grip. Means I don't have to worry about pressure as the head of the razor is balanced.
Thanks for the feedback @Korbz, I'm glad I've chosen the 3.5 inches to handle length because when I watched @Cris on youtube he has the 3 inches handle length was a little too short for me.

I'm glad I didn't choose the 4 inches to handle length otherwise the total weight would be too heavy and a bit too long, I may end up losing some balance holding the razor during the shaves.

DSCN0200.jpg

Mail Call today - thanks TSW :) Loving the expensive version of Brut & wasn't expecting the Trismegistus to smell as it does but interested to see how it goes... Mmm bison tallow :hungry:

Thanks for the feedback @Korbz, I'm glad I've chosen the 3.5 inches to handle length because when I watched @Cris on youtube he has the 3 inches handle length was a little too short for me.

I'm glad I didn't choose the 4 inches to handle length otherwise the total weight would be too heavy and a bit too long, I may end up losing some balance holding the razor during the shaves.
Has anybody seen any comments and reviews with the 4" handle on the Karve? I'm still wondering whether the extra grip of 4 inches would be good like on my R41 Twist but it's a much lighter unit so balance will come into the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.