King C Gillette

gmdnk

Was wandering around my local Coles today and in the men's grooming section was the King C Gillette range, including the safety razor ($29). Anyone else see this in their local store. Thought it was a nice addition to the usual mediocre offerings.

Was wandering around my local Coles today and in the men's grooming section was the King C Gillette range, including the safety razor ($29). Anyone else see this in their local store. Thought it was a nice addition to the usual mediocre offerings.
I thought they'd start showing up here soon after their recent advertising. I might actually be tempted by this one, unlike the heritage.

DE for edging sideburns and strong beard lines - seriously, you could, you know, SHAVE with it, I'm joining @SpeedyPC :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

It was only a matter of time before Coles got a branded DE safety razor too, after Woolworths have their Jack the Barber line. I'm curious about it too, but I'll wait until they put it on clearance at half price.

DE for edging sideburns and strong beard lines - seriously, you could, you know, SHAVE with it, I'm joining @SpeedyPC :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Gillette are probably just making the best of what must be a bad situation for a company that sells razors. I keep hoping we might have reached "peak beard" by now, only to be confronted with a further proliferation of truly manky atrocities.

Finally. Was really wanting to pick one of these up just to add to the collection :)

It was only a matter of time before Coles got a branded DE safety razor too, after Woolworths have their Jack the Barber line. I'm curious about it too, but I'll wait until they put it on clearance at half price.

Jack the Barber stuff is TERRIBLE. I checked out the brush and the razor, they build quality and finish of both are a bad way of getting someone interesting in DE shaving.

Jack the Barber stuff is TERRIBLE. I checked out the brush and the razor, they build quality and finish of both are a bad way of getting someone interesting in DE shaving.

Don't knock the brush till you tried it. I have, and am still using it on days I don't post SOTD. So far it's held up to my abuse and I am likely soon (not yet) to recommend it as an excellent low cost travel brush.

Gillette are probably just making the best of what must be a bad situation for a company that sells razors. I keep hoping we might have reached "peak beard" by now, only to be confronted with a further proliferation of truly manky atrocities.

P & G don't listen to the wet shaving community ! They listen to the executives and shareholders as to what is most profitable. Sell 1 million Chinese made razors at $30 with a low production cost or sell 10000 North American razors at $100 with a high production cost.

Sorry wet shavers, you get bent over again.

This is rich coming from avid collector of King C. Gillette! Apparently you have the biggest collection in Australia.

You might want to consider removing the lower back tattoo now:

King_Camp_Gillette_signature.svg

Don't knock the brush till you tried it. I have, and am still using it on days I don't post SOTD. So far it's held up to my abuse and I am likely soon (not yet) to recommend it as an excellent low cost travel brush.

What soap do you use? problem I have with the brush is that it is WAY too soft. It would buckle on my Barrister / A&E soaps

What soap do you use? problem I have with the brush is that it is WAY too soft. It would buckle on my Barrister / A&E soaps

Every soap I have tried has not been an issue. Brush has adequate backbone and had no problems lathering a triple milled D R Harris soap. If its buckling on the above soaps you mentioned, I would look to your brush loading, lathering technique first.

The brush is excellent value at $10 (I paid $6 for it). Not as good as a Yaqi, but they're 3x the price. It's better than the Body Shop brush that comes with their maca root shave cream.

King C Gillette razor & blade
I thought enough BS, let's get to business what us wet shavers do best.

@SpeedyPC detailed blade pics for you.

Razor was purchased for testing purposes only, specifically the blades. Where do they come form China or Russia ? The blades are laser marked so I am assuming Russia at this stage.

King C Gillette razor & blade
I thought enough BS, let's get to business what us wet shavers do best.

@SpeedyPC detailed blade pics for you.

Razor was purchased for testing purposes only, specifically the blades. Where do they come form China or Russia ? The blades are laser marked so I am assuming Russia at this stage.
These Gillette blade are made from Russia, someone thinks it’s the same blade feels as the Astra SS or SP, otherwise, I have no idea? So you’re safe they’re made from Russia.

Also these wax dots is a bit worried, because, nearly all new Russia blades have two wax dots along the centre of the blade which is strange they’re showing up the old four style getting too close to the edge of the blade???? I wonder why going back the old way.

@rhodes96 & @SpeedyPC do the wax dots give any glue, sorry clue?
And they shave like what?
Laser etch design is a nice touch.

Hopefully this approach recruits more wet shavers into the market.

Maybe vintage Gillette's will get a price bump as well.