La Toja stick - masculine scent with great performance

please explain...
By memory, it has some chill, yet my Thayers packs a punch in comparison.
@Nonick has experience at a mildly spiked version.
He liked it enough that I believe he is on the record at doubting he will ever use a balm again.

AHAHAH.... I'm not a Vegemite fan myself, but the Mrs and my daughter love it!
I used to make homebrew beer as well, although I haven't done it in a while, and recall cleaning out the tank after a batch and having a scent reminiscent of Vegemite....

AHAHAH.... I'm not a Vegemite fan myself, but the Mrs and my daughter love it!
I used to make homebrew beer as well, although I haven't done it in a while, and recall cleaning out the tank after a batch and having a scent reminiscent of Vegemite....
IIRC that's where Vegemite originated from, waste product of making beer.
Can you have a manlier spread in that case ?

My La Toja Shave Stick review brought to you by @stillshunter Samples Inc.

Stillsy sent me a generous sample of the shave stick to review and compare against my old favorite, Speick. Whilst it's early days to make an informed call, my first run with La Toja was quite impressive. Rubbing the stick on my face left an easy to see trail of soap. Speick is almost invisible so I tend to rub in too much resulting in a thicker and drier lather.

Scent: Tie. They both smell quite pleasant to me.
Lather: La Toja. Not thick like Speick but it was
Glide: La Toja.
Protection: La Toja (with a Merkur slant so this criteria was quite important)
Post-shave: Neck & Neck

La Toja wins this round. Beginners luck? I'm not sure. It's a very good soap that does the job just nicely. I am going to revisit Speick later in the week because I feel that a few adjustments are required.

This morning I took the Speick stick for a spin for another comparison to La Toja. This time I was careful not to overload my face with soap.
Same razor and blade (3rd day Polsilver) to keep things on a level playing field..

The result: It's a dead heat. Both the La Toja and Speick sticks perform equally. Speick is thirstier but that's no big deal for me.

...and Tallow versus Vegetable based. It makes no difference what so ever, for me anyway.

Thanks for the generous sample, @stillshunter . Great initiative mate (y)