Lather Shots

OK, this is a lather shot from my Lather guru - the same guy who posted the above mentioned lather videos - with Esbjerg CREAM
AERKiAD.jpg

So no excuses - post a picture of that shiny lather :D :D :D

@alfredus IF I have a camera trouble is as a Mason I'm a very personal and private man :oops:, beside my lather is not like that showing above not even that close I'm still falling far behind on the shinny part

e71467268592f57a0362f0b20792f1d7.jpg

I tried. I think in order to achieve porcelain lather, I have to do the full lathering process on the puck like your guru did.

Couldn't get SMF to this gloss, perhaps not thirsty enough? One thing led to another. This picture is from my test lathering with @Anthony spice mahogany. Such a warm scent. I reckon if I do the full lathering on the soap tub I might be able to get closer to @alfredus. But, V3 is amazing still. I can't wait to shave with it tomorrow now that I have an idea of what V3 can do.

Shaverheaven Spice Mahogany + Mighty Epsilon Brown Horse Fan

I think you have to do a full lathering on the puck AND then still add more water, while building some volume on your face/bowl.

The trick is to go way beyond what you think is finished - so you think you are finished on the puck, but you add a couple times more water and keep on loading/building - then you go to your face and build a bit and thin it out - you think you are finished, but then again add a couple times more water.

Won't work will all soaps, as they don't take that much water and I am sure there is a limiting factor with brushes as well...enjoy :D

I think you have to do a full lathering on the puck AND then still add more water, while building some volume on your face/bowl.

The trick is to go way beyond what you think is finished - so you think you are finished on the puck, but you add a couple times more water and keep on loading/building - then you go to your face and build a bit and thin it out - you think you are finished, but then again add a couple times more water.

Won't work will all soaps, as they don't take that much water and I am sure there is a limiting factor with brushes as well...enjoy :D
Yea I think you are right. Only some soaps you can do that. But it was all good fun.

Thanks for the tips! I shall try that with @Anthony tallow v3 tonight! Sorry, will be using a lot of the soaps. Not like I don't have a few pucks coming my way.. Sabbatical failed..... Badly.

Limiting factor with brushes hey, I think I will have to get that Thater 4125/3 after all....

Yea I think you are right. Only some soaps you can do that. But it was all good fun.

Thanks for the tips! I shall try that with @Anthony tallow v3 tonight! Sorry, will be using a lot of the soaps. Not like I don't have a few pucks coming my way.. Sabbatical failed..... Badly.

Limiting factor with brushes hey, I think I will have to get that Thater 4125/3 after all....

Of course you have to - but I don't think your Shavemac, Chubby, Wolf Whisker & Epsilon are a limiting factor :D

Lovely lather. That shall be my inspiration for tonight!

Don't get too excited. I'm SURE it is trick photography - no lather can be THAT good can it @aldredus? :)

Thank you guys - glad you enjoy and I must admit: my pictures actually suck - the lather was so much better :D :D :D