Loccitane Cade shave soap

Ybbor

Hey guys haven't posted for a year. Some may remember I moved to Kazakhstan and took. Tabac, cade shave soap my 38c my Astra blades and a brush.

Well just read that the cade shave soap is being discontinued. Sad days!!! Can people confirm this?

First I've heard of it, but then I'm not well known for having my finger on the pulse with regards to wet shaving news.

Hey guys haven't posted for a year. Some may remember I moved to Kazakhstan and took. Tabac, cade shave soap my 38c my Astra blades and a brush.
Yeah, of COURSE we remember!!! Are you back home or just back "on the grid"?!

Tell us about your experience cutting back on your gear and just shaving with a razor & brush with 2 soaps.

Well just read that the cade shave soap is being discontinued. Sad days!!! Can people confirm this?
I can't sorry. Haven't heard this news. Where did you hear it? I'm sure that the local L'Occitane store will still have pucks for a few more months at least until they run out. I seem to recall its $15 per refill puck. (Perhaps cheaper if it's being discontinued!)
I've heard it's an excellent soap but there's no shortage of them these days... But I guess if you've been using it for a year you'd have a soft spot for it!

Yes, that was quite a move! Trust that it is all going OK?

Seems like it might be:

http://theshavingroom.co.uk/communi...ccitane-cade-shaving-soap-discontinued.36380/

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/482830-L-Occitane-Cade-Shaving-Soap-Aluminium-Dish-Discontinued?highlight=L'occitane+discontinued

http://damnfineshave.com/thread-l-occitane-cade-shaving-soap-aluminium-dish-discontinued

The Aussie site DOESN"T have them either - http://au.loccitane.com/cade,23,1,39514,0.htm

Last edited:
Errrr, I can't see it there. Only the cream. No hard puck or tin.

I'd say that it's only be available in store while stocks last...

DUH - my bad. I really must be going blind - edited post above.

Hey @Ybbor - do you want us to look in store for you?

Oh hey mark if you find a couple of pucks would be great!

So still in Kazakhstan and behind the iron curtain is a very different world. On the positive there is a lot of the Turkish shave soaps )))

So I have really enjoyed the one shaving set, I have had satisfaction of finishing off equipment! I sadly haven't even looked at my straight razors for over a year now.

And yes ) although still in Kazakhstan I have managed to get tapatalk working again and have a little time to see how you are all doing and what has changed in a year ;) of for me no purchases )))

G'day ;) nearly lunch time in Scotland,

Can anybody tell me what's the L'Occitane Cade EDT like??? as I've already got the L'Occitane Baux EDT, I never saw any L'Occitane shaving cream when I went to the Westside Plaza in west of Edinburgh because they don't sell L'Occitane shaving cream. :oops:o_O

Ok gents, loccitane has written back and yes soap is finished and they recommended me the gel. Doh (((( need a new fav soap.

L'Occitane U.S. don't ship overseas or to Shipito. I've tried many times.

Cade is a good soap but with so many choices I don't think it will be missed. The bowl is quite lovely though.

L'Occitane U.S. don't ship overseas or to Shipito. I've tried many times.

Really? What a pain! Wonder how they know it is Shipto? Presumably the address. I'm sure if we were really desperate there would be contacts YKW who could assist.

Cade is a good soap but with so many choices I don't think it will be missed. The bowl is quite lovely though.

I agree, but some people get fixated about a particular item (P.160) and become a little *focussed* :whistle:

Really? What a pain! Wonder how they know it is Shipto? Presumably the address. I'm sure if we were really desperate there would be contacts YKW who could assist.

I agree, but some people get fixated about a particular item (P.160) and become a little *focussed* :whistle:

Back in the days when the Aussie dollar was at parity and the L'occ Synth brush was $US30 I tried my hand at purchasing one. They cancelled the order and told me that I had to purchase from a local store. Next was Shipito and they cancelled that order. Tried again with a different account using a friends name, different Shipito address, AND a U.S. telephone number - they cancelled that order too.

I'll pop into a couple of local stores on Tuesday to see if they have any stock lying around.