March 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)
Is ok, once you've something he desires ;)

O-oh , he has desires?

@Monsta_AU , Do I pm you or do you make the advance as I am becoming curious about all this shaving stuff and am game for most things, well except Feather blades just yet.

Interested to hear about the CK One after you've had a few goes with that. I looked at it and wondered if it was a bit too 'androgynous'.

Interested to hear about the CK One after you've had a few goes with that. I looked at it and wondered if it was a bit too 'androgynous'.

Interesting! Never thought I'd see the words androgynous and JugV2 on the same page. What does an androgynous AS smell like anyhow? Or is that some sort of accepted insider descriptor.

It's quite a citrus scent. Strong grapefruit and flower.
I would probably keep it as a summer scent, not winter. Mostly CK One is a bit girly to be honest, but I got this one at such a bargain price that even if the missus uses it I'm not too bothered.
If you have had original CK One, then this is very similar with a twist of grapefruit.

We got a new agilent 7700 ICP-MS at work, just a cool $200k. I spent most of the day being gofer for the installation engineer.

We got a new agilent 7700 ICP-MS at work, just a cool $200k. I spent most of the day being gofer for the installation engineer.
I bet that makes the 7500 look like a photocopier.....

Although I hear that with its high-temperature plasma, matrix tolerant interface and 9 orders dynamic range, the 7700x provides the ideal combination of robustness, sensitivity and analytical range yet retains the flexibility to handle advanced research applications.

Maybe you shoulda dropped the extra $50 on the x series..

I found it to quickly drop it's top notes to leave a soapy base note.
Was not impressed with it.

mate I had no idea what you were talking about so I googled it.

Ditto - impressive kit according to their site - not sure where I'd put one in the shave den but boy could it give you some great pics of hair, blade edges, lather samples etc. The boys over YKW would be in heaven!

...but boy could it give you some great pics of hair, blade edges, lather samples etc. The boys over YKW would be in heaven!

Nope it isn't an electron microscope. ICP-MS sprays a liquid sample (or solid digested in acid so it becomes a liquid) into a plasma which causes atomic excitation. The atoms are then seperated by mass using magnetic fields. It could be used to give you the concentraion of the various metals in a blade, but there are easier ways to do that, such as SD-OES (or SD-AES depending on which school you went to). The plasma is generated using RF fields on an argon stream and burns at about 8000°C.

We could identify the concentrations of the metals in your bathroom tap water to help you calculate the exactly correct soap to water ratio for the perfect lather.

Status
Not open for further replies.