March 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Korbz you didn't join the sabbatical 2017 and you didn't received a green banner which means you can't received a fail banner, I'm the one should failed because I ask you nicely because I was very desperate and I failed myself & went online bought 2 bottles 100ml each which means I've failed for asking you. You didn't failed @Korbz your 100% clear and safe because you didn't join sabbatical 2017, therefore you can buy what ever you want you're not on sabbatical 2017 you don't have a banner. Fair is fair @Korbz please move on let it go.
/palm... I know I'm not on sabbatical mate. I am proud that I was partly responsible for you breaking yours though! That's what I was talking about.

/palm... I know I'm not on sabbatical mate. I am proud that I was partly responsible for you breaking yours though! That's what I was talking about.
I know @Korbz no hard feelings..... man that bloody Rochas Man really takes me back to the future when I had my last bottle in 2007.......Darn!

Last edited:
20170313_081714.jpg

Took ages from the UK because Perth AusPost had it inspected in quarrantine. All shaving soaps had their lids loose and not air tight. Cheers for that, AusPost. It's my first Klar's, my first P&B, my first Wickham and while I love my TOBS, it's the first chance I've had to play with their famous sandalwood cream. Because the 99p shipping :)

The Wickham is Classic 24.

Last edited:
20170313_081714.jpg

Took ages from the UK because Perth AusPost had it inspected in quarrantine. All shaving soaps had their lids loose and not air tight. Cheers for that, AusPost. It's my first Klar's, my first P&B, my first Wickham and while I love my TOBS, it's the first chance I've had to play with their famous sandalwood cream. Because the 99p shipping :)

The Wickham is Classic 24.

Nice haul. I've tried the Klar bath soap - very good, and lasts ages.

Woke up to find a mysterious green bag upon my kitchen table.
Turns out the sleep faeries left me a Gem SE in it's container with blades, vintage blades galore (Merkur, 2x types of Wilkinson Sword, No Frills, Soul Patterson) an Empire razor, and three other DE's that appear at quick glance as heading out the door, to be Gillette's.
Oh, and can't forget the Rolls strop dressing in it's box.
Think I'll get out of bed earlier if this continues... :)

Woke up to find a mysterious green bag upon my kitchen table.
Turns out the sleep faeries left me a Gem SE in it's container with blades, vintage blades galore (Merkur, 2x types of Wilkinson Sword, No Frills, Soul Patterson) an Empire razor, and three other DE's that appear at quick glance as heading out the door, to be Gillette's.
Oh, and can't forget the Rolls strop dressing in it's box.
Think I'll get out of bed earlier if this continues... :)

WOW, I can recall the Tooth Fairy from when I was a child - but the shaving fairies?

33k82QQ.jpg

Hoffritz 103 (Chubby 3) in Butterscotch with extra special thanks to @Mark1966 for facilitating the sale!

*sorry about the image size, image cropping on imgur is on the fritz!
That knot looks massiv - very cool (y)

31x57mm I am told by the vendor, suffice to say I am very pleased with the acquisition :)
You need to get yourself some calipers - so you know for sure...And how else are you going to measure the free loft :D :D :D

You need to get yourself some calipers - so you know for sure...And how else are you going to measure the free loft :D :D :D

They are on order :D

One thing I will say is that the bristles on the Hoffritz are exceptionally soft, but I can feel the backbone due to the density immediately. One thing I always look for in a brush for daily use is backbone, nothing grinds my gears like a knot set too high as it makes loading such a pain.

I think I am becoming a 'brush nutter' tbh and I am not too sure about how I feel about this, I have another M&F on order and I am going to get Doug Korn to make me something special. I also have a vintage Simpson (18mm) that @Rami gave me that I need to get restored and re-knotted for collection purposes as it is such a nice old brush.

33k82QQ.jpg

Hoffritz 103 (Chubby 3) in Butterscotch with extra special thanks to @Mark1966 for facilitating the sale!

*sorry about the image size, image cropping on imgur is on the fritz!

Looks fantastic and glad it arrived so quick!

Pleasure to enable yet again :whistle:

No need to apologise about the image size either - seems appropriate for this brush!

They are on order :D

One thing I will say is that the bristles on the Hoffritz are exceptionally soft, but I can feel the backbone due to the density immediately. One thing I always look for in a brush for daily use is backbone, nothing grinds my gears like a knot set too high as it makes loading such a pain.

I think I am becoming a 'brush nutter' tbh and I am not too sure about how I feel about this, I have another M&F on order and I am going to get Doug Korn to make me something special. I also have a vintage Simpson (18mm) that @Rami gave me that I need to get restored and re-knotted for collection purposes as it is such a nice old brush.
I always thought you were a "software" guy @todras - now you've got the Brush Aquisition Disorder BAD bro ;)

I always thought you were a "software" guy @todras - now you've got the Brush Aquisition Disorder BAD bro

I am actually very selective with my brushes, finding Vintage butterscotch brushes for the right price and in the right condition is actually quite hard. Most of them in as good a condition as today's acquisition go fairly quickly, or as is most often the case they are not in good condition to begin with. The M&F I snagged was ordered 5 months ago or thereabouts as I happened to stumble on the whole Brad Sears/M&F relaunch thing with Lee being involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.