May 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never bought anything from Amazon in my life so how can I tell if this is real or fake copies of Gillette Silver Blue because this is my favorite every shave go blade, and I was thinking about ordering 300 or 400 of Gillette Silver Blue. Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question.

Speedy,remember the price is U.S., so multiply by 1.33,plus postage.
I followed your link and I doubt if they ship this to Oz

Speedy,remember the price is U.S., so multiply by 1.33,plus postage.
I followed your link and I doubt if they ship this to Oz

The link I posted was available for shipping to Australia from a seller with 100% rating. But cost in AUD will be $25 + postage - close price to the eBay link @Psmith posted for an Oz seller, and will take longer.

So far I've ordered a rocnel, fine slant and a bottle of Vigoroso [emoji15]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the records, I'm not saying that PSI from Bulgaria are fake and there is no reason to believe that they are. That being said, my PSI come from Bulgaria and they are among the best modern blades that I own.
That's great to hear, hopefully the ones I receive will just as good

115 of these were bought in April but arrived today. Am excited to see if these are up there with the best of the vintage Wilkies.
GJgiQiD.jpg

DtQNjWx.jpg

49LATL9.jpg

The outside packaging has no sign that these are made by Wilkinson Sword
vqO17TY.jpg

Last edited:

Great minds think alike - mine has been held by my wife in ransom till Sunday - looking very much forward hearing your thoughts!

What loft did you opt for and I assume the knot out of the brush is more like 26mm? And welcome to the world of decent size brushes :D :D :D

You can't go wrong with the Diamonds & Pearls, excellent choice to go along with the rest of your goodies!

I'm keen to try it. Shaver Heavens much waited/longed for tallow plus lanolin formula! I'm a bit surprised there haven't been an reviews posted here. No idea how many @Anthony produced but they sold out same day I think. Maybe the next but quick smart in any case.

The cluster of three cheap looking (and they are) items I won...

115 of these were bought in April but arrived today. Am excited to see if these are up there with the best of the vintage Wilkies.
GJgiQiD.jpg

Heard good things about those.
Yet to try them though, so your feedback will be interesting mate :)

And welcome to the world of decent size brushes :D :D :D
Poor bloke is about to faceturbate like never before ;)
Bigger is better :)

GJgiQiD.jpg

DtQNjWx.jpg

49LATL9.jpg

vqO17TY.jpg

Super jealous - they are COOL looking blades !

Great minds think alike - mine has been held by my wife in ransom till Sunday - looking very much forward hearing your thoughts!

What loft did you opt for and I assume the knot out of the brush is more like 26mm? And welcome to the world of decent size brushes :D :D :D
I've posted some thoughts on my SOTD and eventually it would be good to post a review thread.
I don't have any way to measure the knot accurately to within a mm but you could tell me.
The loft is 52mm and was set already (as it's a LE brush - hence the colour as well...)

Poor bloke is about to faceturbate like never before ;)
Bigger is better :)
I'm not so sold on the "larger is better" brush thing... Stuff & nonsense really! It's the quality of the brush (bristles first and then handle) that make a brush IMHO. My 22mm Shavemac can make a decent amount of lather- and certainly enough for a good shave. Larger brushes use more soap, require more time to build a good lather and fill your face more. I'm certainly not opposed to them, they are just different and neither better nor worse than a smaller knot.

(Side comment: I can understand that a person with larger hands might like a decent sized handle to hold. But it's about the design of the handle as much as the size that's important. I've used a lot of handles and some are much more ergonomic or better to hold than others. It's also about how you hold it as well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.