May Madness - One soap for One month

If its madness then I don't want to be sane. I just love to lather.:):D
Don't let the philistines tell you otherwise @Osman - the lather you are producing is inspirational!

We

MAY-ed

It!

Champions-Celebration1.jpg

Well done guys!

I didn't really get close to finishing the Mike's Barbershop -

I reckon that there is still almost another month us mere mortals could get out of this, @Osman excluded of course. Not sure if I will keep going until I'm finished or what I will do.

Seriously - great idea @Lifes a Peach !!! (y)

Not only was it a bit of fun, I actually learned a lot about lathering and my brushes from keeping so much constant over the period. Thanks mate

Well done @Lifes a Peach for the idea and well done to those who made it through the month. Learned a lot about lathering and dialing in the soap. It became easy to produce the lather very quickly by the end of the month. Learned a lot about the various brushes as well. The Shavemac is a soap hog. It takes up more soap than the others, even taking its larger size into consideration it liked more soap. The more the better as I discovered. Surprised that I managed to finish a full tub in three weeks and made some in roads on the next tub. Do I need to change my loading technique perhaps? No I don't think so. The answer is simply I need more soap, lots more. Look forward to reading about your experiences of the past month for those that were able to manage it.

Fantastic idea @Lifes a Peach - although I feel like a cheat, I still learned a lot about my brushes and lathering - thank you my friend (y)

Great thread! Very good read.

I'm not partaking, but I will say I've been using a tub of Caties Bubbles every other day for what feels like months. Barely an impression into it!

I'd actually welcome the sight of an empty tub!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread! Very good read.

I'm not partaking, but I will say I've been using a tub of Caties Bubbles every other day for what feels like months. Barely an impression into it!

I'd actually welcome the sight of an empty tub!
Mate. Now would be the PERFECT day to start this shenanigans! [emoji6]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you join in today @filobiblic? Or did you reuse one soap this month to make sure you couldn't be included?

Did you join in today @filobiblic? Or did you reuse one soap this month to make sure you couldn't be included?
I did my different-soap-each-shave to support the lads. I made it too! It was tough some days as I really wanted to use a soap twice...but I stuck it out.

Then again, if I just started today I would have MADE IT!!!

Thanks everyone for your sentiments and well done to the guys who participated. Special kudos to the ones who made it to the very end. You guys are champs!

Was it tough or did you breeze through? Any regrets with your choice?

My knees turned to jelly a week ago when I walked into my bathroom and my son was lathering up with Martin de Candre. However for the most part it was okay. I used up about a half of a Speick stick. Tomorrow is going to feel a bit strange.

Thanks everyone for your sentiments and well done to the guys who participated. Special kudos to the ones who made it to the very end. You guys are champs!
I know I've been very tongue-in-cheek but that's my way of supporting you blokes. [emoji12]
Seriously well done on completing a month restraining yourself to a single soap or soapmaker. It's truly a big effort. I know I wouldn't last (hence why I didn't bother to even pretend to try!).
There are some who regularly use a single (or a couple of) soaps. But for a lot of us, we have a whole drawer full and like our options. So it's a top effort to have the self-control to stick at it.
I echo LaP in congratulating you. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

What a bunch of rank amateurs :) I am beginning my fourth or fifth month with not only the same soap but the same brush, razor and brand of blade. What is my secret I hear all of you asking in stunned admiration? :)
Is it that the blades I am using are the sharpest longest lasting I have ever used?
Nope
Could it be the brush hair was plucked from the bum of a virgin badger under a full moon and caresses my face?
Nope
It must be the soap has an exquisite scent and lathers like nothing I have tried before.
Nope
The secret gentlemen (apologies @Drubbing ) is pure unadulterated sloth. The soap is a tub of P120 (or P160) that is sitting on the sink, as is the brush. The blades sit conveniently on the windowsill. That way I don't have to think or ponder any choices. Go in grab grab and shave away. Thanks for competing :)

What a bunch of rank amateurs :) I am beginning my fourth or fifth month with not only the same soap but the same brush, razor and brand of blade. What is my secret I hear all of you asking in stunned admiration? :)
Is it that the blades I am using are the sharpest longest lasting I have ever used?
Nope
Could it be the brush hair was plucked from the bum of a virgin badger under a full moon and caresses my face?
Nope
It must be the soap has an exquisite scent and lathers like nothing I have tried before.
Nope
The secret gentlemen (apologies @Drubbing ) is pure unadulterated sloth. The soap is a tub of P120 (or P160) that is sitting on the sink, as is the brush. The blades sit conveniently on the windowsill. That way I don't have to think or ponder any choices. Go in grab grab and shave away. Thanks for competing :)

I think we have our winner! ;)

Although are your sure that the brush hair was not plucked from the bum of a virgin badger under a full moon???