Merkur Futur safety razor

Where can I find the mergress? Now I'm stuck on which one to get now

The mergress is available from Bullgoose Shaving but they are a highly prized item and Eric who makes them releases batches every so often that sell out fairly quickly. You occasionally see them crop up on shaving forums under the buy/sell but they are a scarcity somewhat.

In the absence of a mergress the long handled Progress (Made by Merkur Solingen) is available from The Stray Whisker and other vendors. @Anthony also has a short handled version available, for me personally though I appreciate the extra weight and handle length as I have large hands. I found the short handled progress a little to small for me but others seem to have no problem with them.

The progress runs at around $109 AUD or there about typically, most times I see vendors with 'specials' it's always for the Futur (mens biz for instance) as they are not a good seller.

Oops :oops: sorry that $98.95 AUD :oops::oops::oops:

There we go, that's a good price for the long handled progress!

@shaver_joe I should also mention there is the brass, chrome or gold retrofitted Digress XL HD models if you want a retrofitted Merkur Progress. They run 3 different options and price points depending on the metal and knob you want. Quite beautiful retrofits actually, I was going to buy one prior to going with an ATT Colossus instead (as I already have a progress)

Last edited:
Hi David PM me if you want I have had both at the same time 2 very different Razors depending on what you want form a Razor Aggressive or Comfort. Both do an excellent job but perform the result very differently.