Migration to XenForo: Issue reporting thread

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
Okay, there will be plenty of things broken, report them here.

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Facebook integration not yet active - completed
  • Facebook & Twitter links broken -Facebook fixed, Twitter account to be set up and linked
  • Email configuration is broken.
  • Various style issues - in progress
  • Forums are narrow width - needs to be fluid/responsive enabled - mostly fixed, some issues remain
  • Import vbSEO likes - completed
  • Import VBCMS Articles - testing on development site
  • Import VBCMS Blogs - testing on development site
  • Set up StopForumSpam API key - completed
  • Set up Project Honeypot API key - completed
  • Add 'New Posts' link on Nav Bar due to popular request - complete
--------------------------------------------------------------------
MAJOR TASKS TO COMPLETE:
  1. Remove vBulletin 4 CMS on main page (.htaccess redirect to /community/) - completed
  2. Archive vBulletin 4 files - completed
  3. Reinstall nginx httpd-caching server - completed (and working after some issues)
  4. REFRESH DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
  5. Install new Portal system (XenPorta??)
  6. Validate Google Analytics working properly
  7. Import other data with 3rd-party importer(s) which XenForo does not (vbSEO likes, CMS posts & articles, blogs).

Last edited:
I would suggest marking the forums as read. This will make the forums mark everything as read, and then only new threads appear in the new posts section.

I also find the new posts section to be hard to get to, so I will be trying to add a direct link on the Navigation Bar once most of the issues are fixed.

I like it too. Pity I've lost my 2,500 posts.
Nope, still there. Click on your name in the PostBit (that thing with your avatar to the left of your post). The popup says you still have that many posts, or thereabouts.

XenForo works on the idea of points, generally you get a trophy for doing particular things. Now, it could be that you get a trophy for making your first post in the forum, and that gives you one point. Create your first thread, and you might get another trophy but that gives you 2 points for that award. Link your Facebook account to the forums, you get a trophy and might get 4 points. Milestone posts (1000 posts, 2500 posts etc), new threads, likes given, likes received will all count towards points and new features (1000 posts might get you extra PM storage, or maybe new forum sections to post in for example).

I need to configure up some if the things that you get points for, which will then open up new features. The update script will run, and you get it all automagically.

The main issue last night was to get the forums workable and accessible via Web and Tapatalk, and a proper logo! Now I am looking at some of the more back-end tasks like making sure the email is sent out correctly, links work etc.

Thanks Monsta. I don't really give a hoot but just thought it might have been a dogfooding thing.

No basically everything can come across.... there is a 'Factory' importer that brings in pretty much everything that XenForo has features for.

The likes are missing, but that was because it was previously provided by vbSEO, and not directly from vBulletin. I'm working on that now.

vbSEO likes have now been imported - most of you should see them under your profile now.

All these points and trophies are a little bit naff in my view. Unless they of course lead to serious discounts with shaving suppliers. Then I'll start loving them.

They are there for new member engagement, and then to mark major milestones. They will also unlock certain areas - ie you must unlock a certain trophy to be given access to the trading areas.

Once I get it worked out, you will see that it drives a busy forum. I am just hoping I can get some more triggers to it as there are some things I would like to award for but no way of monitoring them yet.

Once I get it worked out, you will see that it drives a busy forum...

I'm assuming there will be some sort of "press gang" feature members can use that results in the unwitting target being visited and wet shaved by burly P&C thugs who leave the victim shaken and subscribed to the forum? :laugh:

I'm assuming there will be some sort of "press gang" feature members can use that results in the unwitting target being visited and wet shaved by burly P&C thugs who leave the victim shaken and subscribed to the forum? :laugh:

Not quite!

I can see how the trophies will perform automated tasks that used to require (in previous forums of yesteryear) a Mod being active all the time and manually watching things. I think it will be a good thing and as you say, stimulate new members to post and such.

Love the width of this page now. Widescreen FTW!

I've had to add a couple of extra plugins to help achieve the sorts of things we would like you to add into the site, but given a month or so to get things bedded in and adjusted with permissions etc, I believe it will result in more traffic, and therefore advertising and sponsorship opportunities.

The Facebook logo in the footer should now work. I really need to get some content onto that Facebook page so it isn't blank.

Really need some likes on the page so we can get a nice short URL on it.

If you click the Facebook logo on a particular thread - such as this one - it links this thread on my page.
So I should be selective what threads I link on facebook?

If you click the Facebook logo on a particular thread - such as this one - it links this thread on my page.
So I should be selective what threads I link on facebook?
Only slightly selective. Ideally ones that haven't gone totally off-topic.

And the link I meant is right down the bottom of the page - Under "Connect with us" - FB, Twitter, LinkedIn and G+ logos.

The direct link to the P&C Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paste-Cut-Shave-Forums/654851837907678 although that will change in time once we can get 25 likes and a short URL.

Oohh, I just tried resizing the window to see if it is a responsive theme and it is very nice.

Oohh, I just tried resizing the window to see if it is a responsive theme and it is very nice.

It also should automagically resize on phones and tablets too.... that is if you do not want to use Tapatalk.