Mixing soaps

tullfan

2018 Sabbatical
I was given some Mike's for Father's Day,to save space is there any problem with putting it in a container currently containing Cella

No technical reasons anyway - just that you might end up with a hybrid lather from them - but if thats ok with you then no actual issues I can see.

Sometimes it's actually nice to partially load 2 different soaps - though many will frown upon this but there's really no tangible reason why this shouldn't be done is you feel it's beneficial or just plain fun/adds variety to the soap scents/characteristics you have onhand. :)

Just buy a new cabinet from IKEA for more space. You know you'll have to one day... [emoji6]

I was given some Mike's for Father's Day,to save space is there any problem with putting it in a container currently containing Cella
Yes there is - I would get upset :cry::cry::cry:

If you are in real need for space - please wash out the Cella first :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No technical reasons anyway - just that you might end up with a hybrid lather from them - but if thats ok with you then no actual issues I can see.

Sometimes it's actually nice to partially load 2 different soaps - though many will frown upon this but there's really no tangible reason why this shouldn't be done is you feel it's beneficial or just plain fun/adds variety to the soap scents/characteristics you have onhand. :)
Nick,how long should both Cella and Mike's soap last once opened

Seriously - please don't do this - it's like mixing a nice red from Bordeaux with an ugly cask...

Thank you very much good sir - I was seriously contemplating offering you money to save the Mike's from such a horrible destiny :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just checked my diary and my oldest tin of Mike's is now almost 2 years old and it performs and smell as good as day 1. The trick is - as with every soap: let it dry fully before closing the lid. I usually leave my tins open in the bathroom until the next day, before closing the lid.

There should be no issues with any of your soaps like that. I have a cream that comes in the a tub (Esbjerg) - with that I use a spatula to take a bit out so that the actual tub does not get wet. And then I close it straight away. I would treat any soft croaps (LPL for example) also like that.

Thank you very much good sir - I was seriously contemplating offering you money to save the Mike's from such a horrible destiny :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just checked my diary and my oldest tin of Mike's is now almost 2 years old and it performs and smell as good as day 1. The trick is - as with every soap: let it dry fully before closing the lid. I usually leave my tins open in the bathroom until the next day, before closing the lid.

There should be no issues with any of your soaps like that. I have a cream that comes in the a tub (Esbjerg) - with that I use a spatula to take a bit out so that the actual tub does not get wet. And then I close it straight away. I would treat any soft croaps (LPL for example) also like that.
Thanks Alfredus and Dale,a very good tip regarding the spatula,I will be trying that tomorrow