Mokosh the ultimate hippie artisan

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
Mokosh-Organic Shaving Soap-Cedarwood, Geranium & Patchouli

Ingredients:
Saponified certified organic extra virgin olive oil
Certified organic coconut oil (fair trade)
Certified organic shea butter (fair trade)
Certified organic cocoa butter (fair trade)
Certified organic macadamia oil
Certified organic avocado oil
Certified organic apricot kernel oil
Bentonite clay
Essential oils of cedarwood, geranium & petchouli
Rosemary leaf extract

Suck on that! Made in Fremantle straight from the Fremantle Markets and given to me for Christmas. Haven't used it yet but will let you know. Smells like I'm back in the early 70s. Patchouli was the ultimate hippie scent. I'll have to put on the sound track from Easy Rider for this shave.

Well if you like the soap, you will love -
41Mrq0DfyXL._AC_UL320_SR224,320_.jpg

I have no doubt that sells well in Freo, the world capital of aging hippies. It is actually a great spot and suffers a bit from the aging hippie image it (deservedly) has attained over the years.

I really wanted to love this stuff - as I completely agree with this company's ethics, and it was a gift from my good wife, but....
....I look forward to seeing the 'lather' you coax from it.

First shave not good. First time ever that I couldn't get a lather with a soap. I've had better success with a bar of hand soap in a flea pit motel in Spain. I had to wash the whole lot off and re-load with MWF. I swear the residue in my brush contaminated that load too because even the MWF was protesting.

I'll give it one more try and then it's destined to be a bar of shower soap. Just have to make sure the person I got it from for Christmas doesn't find out.

Colour me suprised. Who'd have thought you'd have trouble getting mountains of lather from stuff made from butter and oil. Fucking useless hippies.

Last edited: