Morris & Forndran

@ben74 I did know you're still playing with Thomas Trains :p:D

thomas-tank-engine-chug-life.jpg

Well, got an email from lee, one hybrid in finest coming up. Now there is so much temptation to pickup another one. First time this year. And we are not out of January yet [emoji28]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Brad Sears / M&F brush on order. October 6 order date and order #BSSW120x. Upon ordering the web site listed 3-4 months for delivery. I have read about the problems with UK customs on forums but no emails from Brad Sears..

Just wondering if anyone else has more info on status. Brad did post on a US forum in very polite terms commenting on excess emails and higher cancellations of finished brushes.

@Batch300 reply to your order confirmation and ask. He will respond in a day or 2.

Apparently lee have put in a hybrid brush in place of a fan. Anyone has info on these knots?

Apparently lee have put in a hybrid brush in place of a fan. Anyone has info on these knots?
Nope but I will be extremely happy if he puts a hybrid in instead of a fan for me.

or a bulb....

or a fan....

or a blonde badger.....

or a finest badger.....

I couldn't care either way because it is from Lee.....

To the guys who got their brushes, does lee send a tracking number once he ships?

To the guys who got their brushes, does lee send a tracking number once he ships?
Lee has never been known as a strong communicator... you get an invoice, you pay and one day your brush arrives.

It might not be a satisfying buying experience - but he is in the brush making business - not holding the customers hand business ;)

As he is one of the best in what he does AND you never hear anything bad about his brushes... just try to forget you have something on order from him - one day it will arrive and chances are pretty high it will make you extremely happy ;)

Lee has never been known as a strong communicator... you get an invoice, you pay and one day your brush arrives.

It might not be a satisfying buying experience - but he is in the brush making business - not holding the customers hand business

That sounds like the Australian Taxation Office, without the brush part.

Fair enough, I sent him the PayPal receipt and asked a few questions and no response. I am wondering how much one of his knots actually cost?

From memory my brush took about 14 days from payment to delivery.

Mate his knots are great.

Stay
Well, got an email from lee, one hybrid in finest coming up. Now there is so much temptation to pickup another one. First time this year. And we are not out of January yet [emoji28]
@Rami Stay strong to the Sabbatical Oath brother... the first five "must have " things you pass up are the hardest - it gets easier after that :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Stay

@Rami Stay strong to the Sabbatical Oath brother... the first five "must have " things you pass up are the hardest - it gets easier after that :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It's not too bad, mostly the bargains or the top of the line bits that I sort of covet. But nothing that screams must have to me.

Received this via email from Brad, pasted verbatim:

Gentlemen:

We want to update you on the status of the 2 boxes that affected your orders. According to USPS both boxes were sent back from the UK – one on Dec. 19th and the other sometime after that. However, neither box has actually shown up here in Maryland. Rather than wait any longer for your waylaid brush handles, Nancy and I decided to re-create your handles over the past few weeks.. I’m happy to tell you we shipped the last of them off this morning and have asked Lee to make finishing your brushes a priority!

Saying that, I am hoping to see the U.S. orders back in six to ten weeks —and will let you know as soon as we have them in our hands. Lee will be reaching out to our International patrons directly—hopefully a bit sooner. Hopefully most of you will receive your brush before the April timeframe we projected!

Once again, I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting your brushes to you—and want to thank you all very much for your patience and patronage!

Class act.

+1. Guessing 2 boxes of handles is "week or two of unpaid rework". Hope the handles are returned and good start on backlog or future orders. Brad's option was to wait and hope

another +1. I did email this week on PayPal question and offered to make a deposit (October order). I was told 3-4 weeks to finish the brush and thanks for the deposit offer but no need.

@Batch300 told you he was responsive. It's just the amount of work is quite a bit so it takes a bit of time to get through every body.