Myrsol founder passes away at 95 years old

filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
The founder of the Spanish aftershave Myrsol passed away on 6 April in Barcelona. Mr Miquel Ricou Sole was 95 years old.

He is known to have used only his Myrsol Emulsion to shave with instead of shaving soap.

95 years old - that is a LOT of shaves ...

Sad to note this. However I believe that the best thing you can possibly do in life is leave a legacy - and Señor Sole has done so with some great products. Hopefully they will continue to be produced for many, many years to come.

95 is a decent wicket. That's convinced me that a life of using Myrsol can only be a good thing. I'm signed up until then too...
...wonder which was his personal favourite of his range?

It's so different to his others...
...admitting I love what the sample of Emulsion that @filobiblic passed on does for my skin. I was very tempted to buy my own bottle with my incoming G&C order, but I cannot get passed the methylparaben in it. Why does it need paraben? That's another reason my two faves are the Balsamic and the Antesol. I mean look at them ingredients...

Myrsol%2520Ingredients.jpg

Finished my shave today with Formula K in tribute.
Was a nice finish.
Complimented B&M's Black Label Rosemary & Peppermint nicely.

...admitting I love what the sample of Emulsion that @filobiblic passed on does for my skin. I was very tempted to buy my own bottle with my incoming G&C order, but I cannot get passed the methylparaben in it. Why does it need paraben? That's another reason my two faves are the Balsamic and the Antesol. I mean look at them ingredients...

Myrsol%2520Ingredients.jpg

Well he used it to shave with every day and he made it to 95 so it can't be that bad.

The splashes don't have it because the alcohol they contain is the only preservative they need.

Looking at the chart, it appears most contain paraben.

Looking at the chart, it appears most contain paraben.
No, only the Emulsion. How did you read that result though?

Ingredient 4 in formula K, that blur looks like paraben.

Ingredient 4 in formula K, that blur looks like paraben.
It is blurry... But that's the "Perfum" (hence why it's in all of them).