Mystic Water Soaps

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
First MWS soap off the rank was Ginger Spice.
Same deal as for the Stirling soap yesterday.
Splashed a little got water on the pick while i showered then a 10 second load (this time with the FS badger brush instead of the Omega boar.
This soap had a big ginger and clove hit with other spices poking their head out every so often. It smells like a clove heavy cup of chai.
Lather was a bit thinner than the Stirling but plenty for the 2 pass shave that I needed.
Not sure if the difference between the soaps was the brush, but the feel of the mws wasn't quite as good.
Will have to try again with the boar brush.

Nice but again not sure if it's a Darwin soap.

What's the perfect Darwin soap? Describe it and perhaps @Anthony can work some magic for you. Don't know if he's worked with menthol before though...

Was the ginger nice and strong like a decent Ginger beer or Ginger Nut bikkie?

It was fairly strong. The cloves were a little too strong for me but just by a small amount.
Would like to see what other spices they has in there to see if I could discern them with another shave

Mystic Water is a tricky soap to lather, Eggy. Soaking the puck (or blooming as our friends like to call it over at YKW), like you did, is the right thing to do. A boar brush is a must. I purchased the Semogue 620 for this soap as well as MWF.

For a really top lather let the boar brush and puck soak while you have a shower. Squeeze the water from the brush and leave damp. Load for 1 minute or until the brush has a sticky paste of soap. Face lather and gradually add water by dipping the tips of the brush. It's a bit of a pain but you will be rewarded with a slick and rich lather.

The no brainer method and easier way of doing it is to rub the puck directly to your face like a shave stick.

What's the perfect Darwin soap? Describe it and perhaps @Anthony can work some magic for you. Don't know if he's worked with menthol before though...
It's strange - Ginger and many spices come from tropical regions, so you would think that they should work there - I love eating them as they can get you sweating which cools you down, but for shaving I want something fresh and invigorating.
I'm hoping the lemongrass, blue gum and menthol soap I got from MWS works - it sounds like it should as it's a twist on the lime and menthol combo which works really well.
@Anthony got me excited at first with his raspberry soap (since renamed hubba bubba) as I thought a real berry flavour with a good whack of menthol would go down a treat. I must admit I do seem to be in a bit of a minority though with preference to strong scents and menthol - it would be a narrow target to hit for a soap maker.

I just makes me wonder if an "Aussie" scent exists that's going to cover the entire continent. There's a lot of variation. I'm imagining something like gum tree/Eucalytpus (but lighter) with a floral note (wattle, Grevillia) to provide some sweetness and then a good hit of menthol since its a dry, hot land.

Perhaps a few scent profiles - tropical North, bush and beach - is the way to go.

Lemongrass and bluegum.
This is supposed to have menthol but I barely detected any at all.
Loaded up for a full minute as per @Lifes a Peach's suggestion but still struggled to get a decent lather going.
The scent was prey good. A strong lemongrass smell with a bit of bluegum in the background.
After a whole minutes worth of loading I obviously had enough for 3 passes, but it's a struggle to get decent leather out of this compared to other soaps.