New lawnmower

AEG also make a great battery powered chainsaw.

I never thought a battery powered chainsaw would be so good until I was lent one at a property I was camping at. I'm seriously considering ditching my Ryobi 2 stroke saw for an AEG battery powered one now.
Only downside is the price of the batteries, I've been able to rebuild mine with Sanyo and Sony 18650's but not everyone would be comfy in doing that

Only downside is the price of the batteries, I've been able to rebuild mine with Sanyo and Sony 18650's but not everyone would be comfy in doing that
Well worth doing. But you don't necessarily have to DIY, if you have an Every Battery store near you, they can be really helpful in rebuilding batteries. Plus that way you get to choose what cells you want. Sanyo/Panasonic and Sony are an excellent choice.

AEG also make a great battery powered chainsaw.

I never thought a battery powered chainsaw would be so good until I was lent one at a property I was camping at. I'm seriously considering ditching my Ryobi 2 stroke saw for an AEG battery powered one now.
It would be nice if they made one with a 36-inch bar. :LOL: My Husky 395XP is seriously noisy. But that's a lot of chain to pull, even with 3/8" full-chisel skip chain...

cupcake.jpg

Well worth doing. But you don't necessarily have to DIY, if you have an Every Battery store near you, they can be really helpful in rebuilding batteries. Plus that way you get to choose what cells you want. Sanyo/Panasonic and Sony are an excellent choice.
The best investment I did was buying a $30 spot welder from Aliexpress to weld those little battery strips to the batteries. Solder was not going to cut it... found that out the hard way!

The best investment I did was buying a $30 spot welder from Aliexpress to weld those little battery strips to the batteries. Solder was not going to cut it... found that out the hard way!

Now there's a good idea. Time to get on Aliexpress as I replace battery packs myself as well.

I can't really comment on the mower side of things as my old Ryobi EA175CV push mower has been relegated to mulching duty as it's a bit of a prick to use on an acre. Enter the Cub Cadet XT2 LX46 Ride on, it does the job and still takes 40 minutes when going flat out! :ROFLMAO:

I picked up the Stihl MS180 chainsaw for light duty, but I went all out with the Shindaiwa M262S Multi-tool as my snipper, pole-saw, hedge trimmer, and brushcutter. Weigh a ton but it demolishes everything I can throw at it

I can't really comment on the mower side of things as my old Ryobi EA175CV push mower has been relegated to mulching duty as it's a bit of a prick to use on an acre. Enter the Cub Cadet XT2 LX46 Ride on, it does the job and still takes 40 minutes when going flat out! :ROFLMAO:

I picked up the Stihl MS180 chainsaw for light duty, but I went all out with the Shindaiwa M262S Multi-tool as my snipper, pole-saw, hedge trimmer, and brushcutter. Weigh a ton but it demolishes everything I can throw at it

I've got an old MTD Yard Machine that I bought off my Brother In Law for a couple of hundred bucks and a set of 9" spotlights.

I live on a corner block on a steep hill and even with my Masport Self propelled, it used to near kill me in summer mowing the lawn. This one takes 10- 15 minutes and even has a cup holder for a cold beer :ROFLMAO:

epMTOFBl.jpg

Makes life so much easier, my yard is sloped to one corner, holds water, and can be a prick to mow if it's rained in the last few days, so the large cutting deck and being a ride on rather than a push mower has made life easier. Also a bit of fun!

Makes life so much easier, my yard is sloped to one corner, holds water, and can be a prick to mow if it's rained in the last few days, so the large cutting deck and being a ride on rather than a push mower has made life easier. Also a bit of fun!
A neighbour across the road who is a complete pain in the bum, come over one day before covid and put the sob story to me about his medical issues etc wanting me to mow his back yard. Although I can't stand him, as a friendly gesture I told him that I would for a case of Corona. mind you, his yard was full of rubbish and knee high in grass.

He didn't want to spend the $50 on Corona so he offered me a case of French beer from Aldi (that didn't go down well). I told him he had to move his unregistered Hiace van that had sat in his driveway for the past 12 months so I can get the mower up there.

2 years later, he come over and asked if I was right to finally mow the yard!

I said no, and when he asked why, I told him that if he wasn't prepared to help himself by moving the van out of the way, why should I go out of my way to help him. Once he started on about his medical issues, I just walked away and he hasn't been game enough to ask again.

I noticed he has just bought an old boat which is now blocking half the road in front of his caravan that hasn't moved for 2 years. Kind of like the jet ski he bought 4 years ago which hasn't moved since he got it home and still sits in his driveway in front of the Hiace.

A neighbour across the road who is a complete pain in the bum, come over one day before covid and put the sob story to me about his medical issues etc wanting me to mow his back yard. Although I can't stand him, as a friendly gesture I told him that I would for a case of Corona. mind you, his yard was full of rubbish and knee high in grass.

He didn't want to spend the $50 on Corona so he offered me a case of French beer from Aldi (that didn't go down well). I told him he had to move his unregistered Hiace van that had sat in his driveway for the past 12 months so I can get the mower up there.

2 years later, he come over and asked if I was right to finally mow the yard!

I said no, and when he asked why, I told him that if he wasn't prepared to help himself by moving the van out of the way, why should I go out of my way to help him. Once he started on about his medical issues, I just walked away and he hasn't been game enough to ask again.

I noticed he has just bought an old boat which is now blocking half the road in front of his caravan that hasn't moved for 2 years. Kind of like the jet ski he bought 4 years ago which hasn't moved since he got it home and still sits in his driveway in front of the Hiace.
Ahh, you've got yourself one of them neighbours. Had one like that in my old estate. Every week there was something new in their front yard on top of the same Nissan Stagea on blocks in the driveway blocking an empty garage for 3 years

The trouble with this one is because his garage is full of junk and his 2 Harleys. His driveway, Hiace and jetski, everything thing else is parked on the road so its only wide enough for one vehicle to pass.

He will buy a cheap car, drive it until it runs out of rego or dies. Park it on the street, then buy another and the process starts again.

This keeps going until one of us puts him in to the council. He'll get rid of them, then repeats.

The trouble with this one is because his garage is full of junk and his 2 Harleys. His driveway, Hiace and jetski, everything thing else is parked on the road so its only wide enough for one vehicle to pass.

He will buy a cheap car, drive it until it runs out of rego or dies. Park it on the street, then buy another and the process starts again.

This keeps going until one of us puts him in to the council. He'll get rid of them, then repeats.
You'd think it would be worthwhile for him to cash in on the scrap metal. We have an epic one of those just a few miles away from here, it's become (in)famous. A butt-ugly concrete dwelling I'm told used to be a chapel, but I think it looks like a meth lab. Upwards of 20 cars parked outside in varying states of decrepitude. Luckily it's not close enough to be my problem...

You'd think it would be worthwhile for him to cash in on the scrap metal.
You'd think so, but none of his 2 box trailers are in road worthy condition to haul anything away. One sits on the road behind his caravan and the other trailer, he has parked on the lawn of a house nearby.

We just had a bulk waste collection which he put a lot out to be collected yet the front yard still looks like a tip.

His next door neighbour was telling me that the guy complained to him once that his sprinkler was wetting his jet ski. Apart from the rain, it's the only time it's been wet since he bought it four years ago :ROFLMAO:

I live in an apartment in Chatswood, Sydney. I have about 50sqm of lawn to look after of flat buffalo (our own private area, not common property). So I have the entry level Ryobi 18v mower and edger. Does the job in about 10 mins :)

bQqutpQh.jpg

I just bought the EGO 56v mower and whipper snipper. Both items came with a free blower as part of the current special deal, so I sold one of the new blower skins, the 2 stroke Victa and the 2 stroke whipper snipper. Still selling an old 240v blower and another petrol blower. My shoulders can't take anymore excessive yanking pull-start cords on temperamental recalcitrant petrol equipment. No more little fuel cans with 3 different 2 stroke mixes, 10 litre fuel can of unmixed, etc etc. All gone just this week.
The big 52cm cut EGO mower is a big beast, self propelled helps a lot though, but getting in and around various obstructions is a bit cumbersome at the moment. Not sorry I switched out of petrol and into electric (yet:unsure:, hopefully never) (this shit was expensive!)

I just bought the EGO 56v mower and whipper snipper. Both items came with a free blower as part of the current special deal, so I sold one of the new blower skins, the 2 stroke Victa and the 2 stroke whipper snipper. Still selling an old 240v blower and another petrol blower. My shoulders can't take anymore excessive yanking pull-start cords on temperamental recalcitrant petrol equipment. No more little fuel cans with 3 different 2 stroke mixes, 10 litre fuel can of unmixed, etc etc. All gone just this week.
The big 52cm cut EGO mower is a big beast, self propelled helps a lot though, but getting in and around various obstructions is a bit cumbersome at the moment. Not sorry I switched out of petrol and into electric (yet:unsure:, hopefully never) (this shit was expensive!)
Why would you need 3 different 2 stroke mixes? the days of 16:1, 25:1 are long gone, I have 50 2 stroke engines here from the 50's to the 2000's they all run fine with good quality 2 stroke oil (FD rated) at 40:1. .Oil is a lot more efficient these days. That EGO 56v is good gear but I like the smell of 2 stroke fumes on a 40c day :)

I have been considering to buy some EGO battery gear myself specifically the multi-tool line trimmer kit but will wait for the next model that we should get here next year (we are always behind) but that works fine for me as I hope to have myself financially on better footing because the trees and lawn edging and trimming areas are growing out of control.
I am hesitant because I know full well that this is where they get you just like cart razors. Sell you a product at a set price and then keep you on the hook with overpriced batteries but they are definitely handy. I know the pain of this as I recently had to buy a new battery for my in-start Victa mower Briggs and Stratton. It ended up costing me close to $150 just for the battery. I opened up the old one but could not find the correct batteries to even attempt to replace them myself even if it meant some soldering and stuff I was willing to give it a go but I just find it harder to find stuff these days. I may end up taking the spare to Battery World and have them rebuild it but it depends on the costs too. I thought it was a good idea at the time because I got sick and tired of yanking at a cord and throwing my shoulder out trying to start an old mower. Its not fun starting off your day mowing the lawn being as pissed off as that NZ bloke with his chainsaw. lol haha

If I were buying a mower today I'd probably pick up a dependable Honda or go with an EGO battery mower or something.

What would be great is if these battery brands offer some sort of battery trade-in once the cells become depleted but I could not see that on the EGO site only trade-in discounts on skins so that is a worry and a bit frustrating. I could be mistaken but I feel like its something they should offer if they truly believed in their entire sustainability spiel.

Having said all this I am thinking of buying the Line-IQ EGO line trimmer kit sooner rather than later because there is just far too much work building up and it would probably be handy to have it as a quick go to for weekly maintenance.