New Player

I've been going with the TOBS Jermyn lately, it's so easy to whip up a thick and slick lather with it. The sandalwood Proraso is great too, as is the eucalyptus one. Hard to beat Proraso for value.

TOBS Eaton, Jermyn or anything by Proraso.
Or even Arko! if you want a good soap.

Been using the Body Shop Macca Root a lot lately. Expensive stuff but amazingly efficient. I can literally just touch the tips of my smallest brushes in to it and there's more than enough for three passes. It'll take me years to get through it. Really nice lather and the macca root (whatever that is) has a really nice scent.

I'm still alive!

I ended up going with the TOBS Jermyn Street. Very happy with it, lathers up really easily and has a nice smell.
Shaving has been going really well, i've even got a work mate into DE Shaving :)

Just wondering if you guys do anything in particular to look after the shavers, or is just giving it a good rinse enough?

Thanks, Jason

I ended up going with the TOBS Jermyn Street. Very happy with it, lathers up really easily and has a nice smell.

Nice choice!

Just wondering if you guys do anything in particular to look after the shavers, or is just giving it a good rinse enough?

A quick rinse is fine. Occasionally I give mine a scrub with toothpaste and a tooth brush to get rid of any soap build up, but that's just to keep 'em shiny and nice.

Well on the chromed ones it works a treat. I plan to do this once a month.
Autosol doesn't seem grainy so I don't think it's too harsh.

Fair call. Chrome is pretty tough, it's probably the vintage breeds that wouldn't really appreciate it!

An ultrasonic bath is not bad.

Polish will polish, eventually you'll get through the finish unless you have a stainless jobbie. I would expect that to take many, many years though.