New Rockwell Kickstarter - cheaper 6S

Korbz

Kickstarter link

Thought there may be some that want to try at a cheap price. This is the spiel that was sent out.

"We've received countless requests from backers and customers for a more affordable version of the Stainless Steel Rockwell 6S. The Chrome Series, made of chromed zinc alloy, is made up of two models - the 2C (only Rockwell Sizes 1 and 3) starting from $20, and the 6C (all 6 Rockwell Sizes) starting from $40. The Chrome Series is available in 3 finishes - White Chrome, Gunmetal, and Brushed Chrome, and is only available on Kickstarter!

One more thing: we know there are a number of you that are quite passionate about the work we do at Rockwell (thank you!), and we wanted to provide you the opportunity to help shape the future of a Rockwell product.

We have a limited number of Rockwell 6C in White Chrome that will be ready to ship out in November 2016. If you pledge to be a Rockwell Superbacker, you'll receive one of these first 750 razors, be able to give feedback on the construction and performance, and then get another Rockwell 6C (in the finish of your choice) in March 2017! We'll be taking your feedback into consideration while making mold and finishing tweaks before the full manufacturing run for the March 2017 shipment.

Thanks for the head up @Korbz I've put in $75USD for a birthday gift for a friend I know at the lodge who starting wet shaving a month ago and he always wanted a Rockwell 6s, that way he'll get the 6C version.

Last edited:
@Korbz
I think the ones shipping in November are tester pieces upon which they will collect feedback for the final production run.
So it might be perfect or it might need adjustments.

I went for the $20 pledge as I want the gun metal handle and 1/3 plate.

@Korbz
I think the ones shipping in November are tester pieces upon which they will collect feedback for the final production run.
So it might be perfect or it might need adjustments.

100% right mate. Small gamble.

Forgetting that though, $40 usd delivered to Aus for a 6 plate chrome plated is hard to pass up :)

100% right mate. Small gamble.

Forgetting that though, $40 usd delivered to Aus for a 6 plate chrome plated is hard to pass up :)

Unfortunately, shipping is $20 and will be collected at the time of shipping. This was written by Gareth in the comments section.

Unfortunately, shipping is $20 and will be collected at the time of shipping. This was written by Gareth in the comments section.
orly? shit well I'll pass then. That was deceptive as they all said ships anywhere in the world (no mention of cost). Free shipping over $100 by the looks if people want to team up (am I reading that right in the comments from Gareth?

Last edited:
@tullfan The rockwell is nothing line the de89/34c style razors.
These styles of razors are very mild and don't offer adjustability.
Even the new $20 rockwell is offering 2 settings (1/3 plate).

@Korbz
Yes, it's free shipping with $100. People going for the $75 deal will be able to add accessories and reach the $100 mark.

@nsavage
I'm not sure about that as I paid shipping when I purchased it but perhaps they offer free shipping now.

You know it's white chrome unless they get to $60k backing, right?

If I didn't have a Model-T on order I might go for this, but I don't really need that many razors </heresy>

@tullfan The rockwell is nothing line the de89/34c style razors.
These styles of razors are very mild and don't offer adjustability.
Even the new $20 rockwell is offering 2 settings (1/3 plate).

@Korbz
Yes, it's free shipping with $100. People going for the $75 deal will be able to add accessories and reach the $100 mark.
What I meant was,is thisrazor made with the same material as the EJ89 or 34c?

What I meant was,is thisrazor made with the same material as the EJ89 or 34c?

Good question.

These NEW Kickstarter razors ARE the same as EJ89 or 34C - Chrome plating over ZAMAC ("Pot metal" alloy). If there is enough interest the Chrome plating will be your choice if gunmetal, bright white or brushes metal.

Their other razors:

The Rockwell 6S Interchangeable System is STAINLESS STEEL (of a high marine grade as well).

The forthcoming (March 2017) Rockwell Model T Adjustable razor will be Chrome plated BRASS. It will have a variety of finishes - gunmetal, brushed Chrome.

If that was too confusing, they have a table with this information presented clearly:
fecd38c03701857827c8f2337eb2ce1d_original.jpg

They're at $26k funding in under 24 hours of launch. Think $60k won't be a stretch. If they sell all the superbacker packs, that's $56k right there.

Oh, yes, I reckon they'll get the target but I just thought I'd mention it in case you'd overlooked it :)