New to the forum, from Adelaide

3pass

Hi all, as way of introduction, I'm about 4 months into my DE shaving career and really enjoying it.

I bought a starter kit, upon a friend's recommendation, which comprised a 34c HD, a blade sample pack, super badger brush and some TOBS Avo cream.

Since then I've really stepped up the purchases, especially with soaps. I have a few Prorasso's, Cella, GFT, Synergy, a few RazorRock's and waiting on some Phoenix and Reef Point soaps to arrive.

Am also waiting on some Semogue boars and a merkur slant to arrive.
For blades I'm pretty settled on the Astra SP's and picked up a few hundred cheap.

I'm looking forward to joining the discussions on here, and glad to see to many fellow Aussies/Kiwis on board.

Also happy to contribute wherever I can with PIFs, swaps etc.

Cheers.

Welcome 3pass. Some nice kit you've picked up there. Which RazoRock's do you have and how do you like them?

Thanks Mong. I have the One and Triple X, waiting on the Zi Peppino to arrive. I really like them, easily my favourite so far. Really like One X, which seems less hyped. Has a nice amount of cooling, to me anyway.
Have you tried them?

Welcome 3P, glad to hear you can get involved with pif & swaps. This is what sets this place apart. Go to offshore forums and the "down under" section has cob webs and dust. You walk through calling for someone and your own echo is your only company...

Not so at P&C! If your not getting talked into a new brush or blade someone's taking the..

So find a comfy chair, settle in, and enjoy. Your already spending a lot so you'll fit in well mate.

Nick

@3pass - You're well into the action already only 4 months in! [emoji4] Welcome.

What's your favourite soap so far?

We've been bugging @Mark1966 to get the next Travelling Box underway early in 2015. That's a great way to try new and different items. Otherwise, hang out and B/S/T away! Always plenty of people here wanting to try new things and shift off other stuff.

Share your thoughts on the Reef Point Soaps when they arrive. We always enjoy hearing about what's new and popular. [emoji4]

Thanks Nonick, it certainly looks that way from the outside looking in.

Thanks Fibobiblic, favourite so far is the One X. I like the sounds of the travelling box!

For the reef points I have the Aviator and classic barbershop ones on their way. My F5 key is getting worn from tracking the delivery. Would be nice if more of these were readily available here.

Welcome aboard mate. Great place this for advice and opinions - even those you don't want or need. Be sure to familiarise yourself with the exhaustive forum rules list,lest ye be inadvertently banned.

So any other hardware - razors and brushes mainly? Tried anything vintage?

Welcome 3P, glad to hear you can get involved with pif & swaps. This is what sets this place apart. Go to offshore forums and the "down under" section has cob webs and dust. You walk through calling for someone and your own echo is your only company...

Not so at P&C! If your not getting talked into a new brush or blade someone's taking the..

So find a comfy chair, settle in, and enjoy. Your already spending a lot so you'll fit in well mate.

Nick
Welcome indeed.

and to finish that unfinished sentence... someone's taking responsibility for their enabling and offering a trade for said brush ;)

This is true! Chivalry at its best! Have you tried the synth yet borked?

Welcome mate!!!

You are off to a great start - some nice kit you have.

Another from radelaide. I think that makes 2 of us haha. Welcome aboard mate
I think I'm synergy HTGAM / PAA biggest fan here.
Good luck with the slant I just got mine and won't look back.

Probably. (Don't worry, we'll let you stay...) [emoji4]
I've got Gondolier and Meta-Nectar and they are great scents. Love the large tubs; they are the best!

Welcome aboard mate. Great place this for advice and opinions - even those you don't want or need. Be sure to familiarise yourself with the exhaustive forum rules list,lest ye be inadvertently banned.

So any other hardware - razors and brushes mainly? Tried anything vintage?
Thanks @stillshunter
I'm searching for the forum rules - can someone help me out?

Haven't tried anything vintage, but would like an old adjustable. Anything you can recommend?

Another from radelaide. I think that makes 2 of us haha. Welcome aboard mate
Good luck with the slant I just got mine and won't look back.
Cheers Adam. What is your favourite HTGAM / PPF/ PAA product so far?

Thanks @stillshunter

Haven't tried anything vintage, but would like an old adjustable. Anything you can recommend?
You'll be searching a while... It's not that there are no rules, it's just they are unwritten principles:
- No yakking off topic for too long. Just get back on topic eventually.
- Not too many smilies (some can't take them)
- Don't use the G-word. (I'll spell it out: G-E-N-T-L-E-M-E-N). It's considered bad form old sport.
I think that's it. Anyone care to chime in?

Oh, and you have to like posts in order to start posting. It's the forced happiness principle.

There's a Slim adjustable going for $40 posted. Top price I say!

Thanks @stillshunter

Rules? This is an Aussie forum mate. We don't have rules written down you just have to know the vibe of the place