Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 2 - Reviews and Comments thread

Great reviews @stillshunter !

The Phaemosan I got on clearance from Connaughts - hard to get now I think.

I've seen somebody selling Italian Floid too.

Was there ANY doubt that the Italian themed shave would be the best?

Smells extraordinary. The GFT Limes smells a little like lime, the Occams smells exactly like crushed fresh limes. Tequila would probably be the best after shave with it. But I'll know more when I get it into a lather.
Don't drive the poor lad crazy. Do you want our poor NowNicked to become NoMoreNick after he accidentally gives himself a red smile from nervously excited hands...?!

Been saving that one up RM. Any advice on a good blade to load up? There's some vintage stuff in the box still (including some nice old Schicks), otherwise still some Med Preps, Rapiras, Super Iridiums…and I have at least one of any modern blade in my little jar.

Meanwhile, I've exhausted most of what the box has to offer. I have the Kiss My Face Lavender and Pinauds Virgin Islands Bay Rum for tomorrow. Then that just leaves the Super Max Ultimate and Nivea Extreme Comfort - hmmmm are they really worth it - then again I have over a week still to go? Might be time to use the carry-overs from the box - like the Occams Lime, Simpsons Luxury Creme, and the Godrej tubes (menthol and a lime) that @filobiblic kindly gifted @borked and myself.

Really enjoyed this so far and keen already for PCTB3
Get into the PMOC asap mate.
Gives you time to try it out, become accustomed to it and for your shredded face to recover.
Yet considering you like the R41, I suspect that you will like this as well.

As for items to try, try it ALL!
Might find that you've developed an unfair bias upon something.
I found the SuperMax reasonable and genuinely exceeded my expectations, same with one of the Nivea's.

Yeah, there really are some generous folks around these waters :)
Gives me something to smile about after a horrendous day. (sans a car, possibly jobless and a realistic possibility if things don't change for the better, the demise of my Grandfather to seal the deal)

I also am looking forward to the third rendition of this well abused box.

PS, Congrats upon the promotion @filobiblic , just leave the horse heads for The Associate, aka @stillshunter ;)

Gives me something to smile about after a horrendous day. (sans a car, possibly jobless and a realistic possibility if things don't change for the better, the demise of my Grandfather to seal the deal)
oh no @borked! That sounds terrible. It really sounds like it's been a rough trot for you recently. [emoji53]

Occams lime! Let's hear it!
Hold your horses mate :)

oh no @borked! That sounds terrible. It really sounds like it's been a rough trot for you recently. [emoji53]
Mate, that's putting it politely.
(Narrated by Morgan Freeman) It could be said that his life was one challenge after another, as to which he endured through them all, albeit sans unscathed.
One day, things will just start working out unabated for me and I'll know not what to do out of disbelief and shock.
Oh well, apparently it builds character and if I listen to some here, I'm quite the character :p
And there could be a den sale, so others could benefit from my misfortune, which is better than no one benefiting at all, right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
..........Personna Super Stainless Ultra Chrome............

They obviously ran out of ideas when they marketed that one. With that many metals plonked together you'd think electrolysis would be a real danger.

Last edited by a moderator:
They obviously ran out of ideas when they marketed that one. With that many metals plonked together you'd think electrolysis would be a real danger.

Yeah, kind of although the 'chrome' is a coating much like the 'platinum' blades are. It seems to work though, they just added more tungsten to the metal alloy they make the blades out of and came up with the P74's which as you well know was a complete winner.

How are you going with it @stillshunter? Broken out the PMOC again?

So I am hereby done with the PCTB2 - it goes back to @Mark1966 on Friday. Stand outs for me were the Floid (bought), the Med Preps (will buy…well the Lab Blues anyway), the Bay Rum (have some Captains Choice coming), and the Occams (buying very soon).
Big thanks to Mark…though I'll be buying him a pint in thanks.
Adding a few items that will make it into PCTB3.

So I am hereby done with the PCTB2 - it goes back to @Mark1966 on Friday. Stand outs for me were the Floid (bought), the Med Preps (will buy…well the Lab Blues anyway), the Bay Rum (have some Captains Choice coming), and the Occams (buying very soon).

Great to hear that you got some good use out of it and experienced some new products.

I have a box of the Personnas Med Preps, and I am going to be looking to reduce my holdings soon. Box is full apart from maybe 5 blades pulled out for samplers. You have first bite at them if you want them.

Great to hear that you got some good use out of it and experienced some new products.

I have a box of the Personnas Med Preps, and I am going to be looking to reduce my holdings soon. Box is full apart from maybe 5 blades pulled out for samplers. You have first bite at them if you want them.
PM incommminng

Once I get an idea of what its up for grabs, you may want more. There are some normal Personna Reds/Platinum Chromes, and various others. 7OC Greens, Yellows & Blacks, a reasonable amount of Voskhods and other Mostochlegmash produced blades, a heap of Lord-produced blades like Sharks & Lord Platinums.....

I am pretty much just going to hold my preferred blades - Vintage, GBEs, Silver Blues, Dark Platinums & Permasharp Super.

Once I get an idea of what its up for grabs, you may want more. There are some normal Personna Reds/Platinum Chromes, and various others. 7OC Greens, Yellows & Blacks, a reasonable amount of Voskhods and other Mostochlegmash produced blades, a heap of Lord-produced blades like Sharks & Lord Platinums.....

I am pretty much just going to hold my preferred blades - Vintage, GBEs, Silver Blues, Dark Platinums & Permasharp Super.
I'm listening….

Voshkods sound alright... [emoji16]

Someone's liquifying his assets...
What's the motivation mate ?
Is it just a coincidence you tried the vintage vintage Polsilver ? :p

@stillshunter
What did you keep and replace it with ?

@stillshunter
What did you keep and replace it with ?

Besides the Simpsons and Occams Limes we all got gifted I've negotiated with @Mark1966 to keep the P.160. Still firming up the replacements to go into the PCTB3 but am thinking the likes of XXX, Mokosh, Piccadilly Sandalwood creams, some aftershave goodness like GFT's Skinfood and Tabac and even a fragrance or two including a modern Paco Rabbane so you fellas can get a little lion on ya!

And the box keeps on multiplying!!

Someone's liquifying his assets...
What's the motivation mate ?

Space to store them, not my favourites, unlikely to use in the next 3 lifetimes.

Is it just a coincidence you tried the vintage vintage Polsilver ? :p

They are not bad, but Le Francais Wilkie are better in my book thus far. So no coincidence. I have been talking about this for a while.